Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Astralp
KVRAF

1543 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from Ganymede

Postby Astralp; Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 am HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Welcome to the Augment Group Buy! It's running at the ultra low price of just $14.99 and you get the brand new Kontakt Synthesizer Augment straight away as well as any Achieved Bonuses. The more people that buy the more Bonus Products are unlocked.

Please note that you need the FULL version of Kontakt 5.7 to use HGSounds Kontakt Libraries.

Current Members: 150
    Current Level: 4
    Needed for Next Level: 22

Augment Group Buy Page

* Level 0 - ACHIEVED
* Level 1 - 60 - ACHIEVED
* Level 2 - 90 - ACHIEVED
    Evolver Loop pack 2 - 69 Loops created with a DSI Evolver
* Level 3 - 120 - ACHIEVED
    64 new Waveforms for Augment - A bunch of newly created Waveforms created with the Evolver added to Augment
* Level 4 - 150 - ACHIEVED
    Evolver Loop Pack 3 - 100 Loops created with the DSI Evolver
* Level 5 - 175
    Evolver Loop Pack 4 - Final Installment of 123 Evolver Loops plus 'Sequlation' for the Evolver if you are lucky enough to own one which is the source of these loops.
* Level 6 - 200
    Destiny/Singularity for Kontakt - Destiny is an advanced multi-layer/multi-timbral Synthesizer. Also included is Singularity which is a single layer of Destiny. Singularity Lite is also available for free to experience the power of this synth.
* Level 7 - 225
    100 extra Presets for Augment - A bunch of new Presets which will concentrate on using less layers for a more focused sound.
* Level 8 - 250
    100 extra Presets for Augment Alt - Some new presets for whatever the Alternative version of Augment will be called
* Level 9 - 280
    Kontakt Instrument for Loop Packs - It seems a shame to have the Loops but no Kontakt Instrument, the plan is to explore the options of using Loops in Kontakt which I have never done, so I'm sure something interesting will come out of it!
* Level 10 - 300
    Analog Four Loop Pack - 50 Loops created with an Analog Four
* Level 11 - 340
    Analog Four Loop Pack 2 - 50 Loops created with an Analog Four
* Level 12 - 380
    Kontakt Instrument for A4 Loop Packs - I'm not sure how this will pan out as it may make sense to add these to the earlier Instrument and then build some more advanced features, it will become clearer after development has begun.
* Level 13 - 420
    ARP or Sequencer - This will be firstly a standalone ARP/Sequencer which is built with controlling external instruments in mind via Kontakts Midi Out, however the secondary purpose will be to add it to existing Kontakt Instruments which don't already have an ARP/Sequencer. I'm still thinking about this one.

ABOUT AUGMENT

Augment began with the idea that it would be interesting to use Sequencers to manipulate Additive Partials in a rhythmic way, but it soon became apparent that it would be a much more interesting instrument using other waveforms as a huge 11 Layer Synthesizer. As a result Augment retains the additive mode but also uses 200 Waveforms which can be freely selected for each layer. The Waveforms are along the lines of PCM Synths of the past which have an Attack Section and a looped constant tone which works well as it allows the sounds to be more focused on Synthesis rather than sampling. The Attack Section can be disabled per Layer so they become pure tones.

As far as the Sequencing side of Augment goes, the intention was to have sounds which have highly rhythmic components which are locked to tempo. The idea that you have a Pad which will come alive with rhythmic complexity when played alongside other Rhythmic sounds was at the forefront of the design. The Sequence destination are Filter, Volume, Drive and Pan. All sequencers are monophonic with the exception of the Volume Sequencers which are Polyphonic.

One of the issues with having 11 Layers is that it has a lot of parameters (30 per layer) which poses the problem of making editing intuitive and logical. Firstly by having all 11 Volumes visible at once and select buttons below, means that by editing the Layer Volume of selecting via the selector all relevant parameters will instantly be visible for editing as well as having a solo button which will just play the currently selected Layer. This is an intuitive way to edit presets but it was taken a step further by creating an Overview Panel which displays all 11 Layer Parameters (excluding the sequencers) simultaneously, which means they can all be viewed/Edited instantly and comparatively.

Another feature is the 12 alternative Volume Triggers. These are basically copies of the Main Layer Volumes but they can be triggered in real-time via a dedicated Octave on your midi Controller. This can make for some interesting Sequencing possibilities which could either be used to solo single layers or highlight particular Layers etc… It is suggested that you record the triggers in your sequencer and the work on the Volumes in situ. There is also a Sequencer which can be used to sequence them as part of the preset and whilst not as flexible as using the DAW, it can make some interesting Rhythmic Effects. It can also be recorded in real-time using the dedicated XY Controller.

If editing sounds is not your thing, then this is where the Global Randomizers come into Play. There are 7 in total all with different characteristics which are highly tuned to generate interesting results, and whilst Presets are included, by using the randomizers you can be assured that you will be creating a preset which is totally unique.

Like most of the other instruments from Homegrown Sounds, Augment is a true Synthesizer relying much more on scripting than sample Playback to shape the sounds. The Samples are small and simple and used as Oscillators and as a result unlike many Kontakt Libraries the memory footprint is very small. (Currently 30mb, although more waveforms may be added).
Features

* 11 Synthesizer Layers.
    * Each Layer contains 4 Sequencers for Volume, Filter, Pan and Drive. The Volume Sequencers are Polyphonic.
    * Each Layer Contains a choice of Waveform, Filter Type and Envelope Shape, 3 Effect Sends and Lofi Controls.
    * An overview Panel which displays every Layer control for easily editing all Layers.
    * An XY Pad which can be used to record the Layer Sequencers and Displays the current Layer Motion.
    * An Additive Synthesizer Mode which uses 11 Additive Partials.
    * Reverb with a large collection of Impulse Responses.
    * Stereo Delay
    * A Modulator Effect which can be either a Chorus, Phaser or Flanger.
    * A global Envelope used to control the Global Filter Cutoff.
    * A Detune Parameter which evenly detunes all 11 Synths
    * Unstable which adds random Pitch Fluctuations to all Layers.
    * 12 Volume Triggers which can switch to alternative Layer Volumes in real-time and a changeable Midi Octave for them.
    * An XY Sequencer which can Sequence the Volume Triggers which can be recorded using the XY Pad.
    * Extensive Global and Local Randomizers.
    * Global and Local Default Buttons with the ability to save your own Default file.
    * An Integrated Preset Browser with Save Ability

Note that the videos show the original GUI but they are functionally the same.

Video Demonstrating some of the Presets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDRZkrqASg

Video Demonstrating the Main Features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayf5gYw2kYw

Randomizers in Action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkNu0ovP03c

Destiny/Singularity - unlocked at Level 6

Full details are available here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmy9aZrjDI

Singularity Lite is available for free which is identical to the Singularity included with Destiny but uses less waveforms. You can get it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC9-cAQ3Yz8
Last edited by Astralp on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
David
KVRist

240 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Cool! How long's this planned to run? (WAY too many deals to juggle right now…)

Thanks!
dpc
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:52 am Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

As it stands it will run until some time in February as long as people are continually taking part, it's an experiment to fund the development of the next 3 Products, so the idea really is that members will get Augment + the next 3 Releases for just $14.99 in a way that's fun and interactive. But ultimately it has to have members taking part for it to be feasible. I'm hoping it will run as well as the Cassetto GB did last year and if it does there will certainly be more stuff added along the way :)

Also just to say, it's a great deal for Augment as it stands already, it's a very sophisticated instrument.
David
KVRist

240 posts since 5 Jan, 2003, from Brookings, OR

Postby David; Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Excellent, thanks—I'll be over ASAP:)
Paul Corello
KVRer

14 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Postby Paul Corello; Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:01 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

I only purchased this a couple of hours ago and I've already missed my supper and a good film... this is aasss=addictive additive synth stuff! Just loving it :)
KeithAdv
KVRist

122 posts since 18 Mar, 2006

Postby KeithAdv; Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:53 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

My habit with HomeGrown Sounds group buys has become:

1. See the announcement.
2. Click and buy.
3. Finally, read about what it is I just insta-bought!

Astralp is a very inventive creator--I get a kick out of everything he comes up with.

@Astralp--at one of the levels, would you consider throwing in the Evolver sysex for the loops you created?
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:15 am Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Paul Corello wrote:I only purchased this a couple of hours ago and I've already missed my supper and a good film... this is aasss=addictive additive synth stuff! Just loving it :)

Food is important too! I'm really pleased you are enjoying it :)

KeithAdv wrote:My habit with HomeGrown Sounds group buys has become:

1. See the announcement.
2. Click and buy.

Astralp is a very inventive creator--I get a kick out of everything he comes up with.

@Astralp--at one of the levels, would you consider throwing in the Evolver sysex for the loops you created?

Thanks Keith, that's really nice to hear. Yes ok, I'm not sure how many people on the GB will have an Evolver but I'll throw it in for the final Evolver Loops level :)

I'm currently working on the alternative Augment Synth which is now called Destiny, here's a shot of the Modulation Features bearing in mind I haven't worked on the graphics/layout much yet I'm just getting everything working. So far it's sounding interesting!

11 to go for Level 2
PajKVR
KVRer

2 posts since 28 Oct, 2015

Postby PajKVR; Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:41 am Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

KeithAdv wrote:My habit with HomeGrown Sounds group buys has become:

1. See the announcement.
2. Click and buy.

+1

Is it just me or does Augment have a Boards Of Canada quality with a singular clarity?

Paj
8^)
dandezebra
KVRist

298 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:43 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Come on folks, make this group buy better!
aMUSEd
KVRAF

28582 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:52 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

I didn't realise you could do additive in Kontakt?
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:59 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Paj, I like what you are saying :)

aMUSEd, Additive is a number of Sine Waves tuned to the Harmonic Series so by using using Sine samples and tuning them to the correct frequencies it is possible. But in the context of what Augment does generally it is a bit of a novelty feature but nice to have a play around with.

Just 4 needed for the next level!
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99 Level 2 Reached

Level 2 has been reached and the 2nd Loop pack is now available for download.
dandezebra
KVRist

298 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

:tu: :hyper: :party:

Keep buying assholes (in Spaceballs voice)!

PS - Please don't take offense to me calling anyone reading this an asshole!
Astralp
KVRAF

Postby Astralp; Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:18 pm Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

Destiny is now taking shape, this is what it looks like currently although I haven't worked on the other panels yet but everything you see here is working except the randomizers. It's capable of some very interesting sequencing!

For those that don't know, Destiny is the bonus product for Level 6 of the Group Buy. I'll make a video in the next couple of days.
Last edited by Astralp on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doug1978
KVRAF

1978 posts since 19 Jun, 2011, from a world of Black Thunder chocs

Postby Doug1978; Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:50 am Re: HGSounds Augment for Kontakt Group Buy $14.99

This is really excellent Astralp: it's perfect for happy accidents.

One patch I stumbled across by chance is an excellent Terry Riley-esque looping sound, which I've called Doug Plonk. I'll send it to you in a PM AstralP (rather than running the risk of putting up your software for free here!).
This is the single patch in action (!) with only the G2 key held down on my keyboard and no effects applied:

https://soundcloud.com/doug1978/augment ... doug-plonk
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)