Please note that you need the FULL version of Kontakt 5.7 to use HGSounds Kontakt Libraries.
Current Members: 150
Current Level: 4
Needed for Next Level: 22
Augment Group Buy Page
* Level 0 - ACHIEVED
- Augment Kontakt Instrument - Fully Featured 11 Layer Synthesizer
https://soundcloud.com/astralp/augment- ... esets-demo
- Evolver Loop Pack 1 - 69 Loops created with a DSI Evolver
- Evolver Loop pack 2 - 69 Loops created with a DSI Evolver
- 64 new Waveforms for Augment - A bunch of newly created Waveforms created with the Evolver added to Augment
- Evolver Loop Pack 3 - 100 Loops created with the DSI Evolver
- Evolver Loop Pack 4 - Final Installment of 123 Evolver Loops plus 'Sequlation' for the Evolver if you are lucky enough to own one which is the source of these loops.
- Destiny/Singularity for Kontakt - Destiny is an advanced multi-layer/multi-timbral Synthesizer. Also included is Singularity which is a single layer of Destiny. Singularity Lite is also available for free to experience the power of this synth.
- 100 extra Presets for Augment - A bunch of new Presets which will concentrate on using less layers for a more focused sound.
- 100 extra Presets for Augment Alt - Some new presets for whatever the Alternative version of Augment will be called
- Kontakt Instrument for Loop Packs - It seems a shame to have the Loops but no Kontakt Instrument, the plan is to explore the options of using Loops in Kontakt which I have never done, so I'm sure something interesting will come out of it!
- Analog Four Loop Pack - 50 Loops created with an Analog Four
- Analog Four Loop Pack 2 - 50 Loops created with an Analog Four
- Kontakt Instrument for A4 Loop Packs - I'm not sure how this will pan out as it may make sense to add these to the earlier Instrument and then build some more advanced features, it will become clearer after development has begun.
- ARP or Sequencer - This will be firstly a standalone ARP/Sequencer which is built with controlling external instruments in mind via Kontakts Midi Out, however the secondary purpose will be to add it to existing Kontakt Instruments which don't already have an ARP/Sequencer. I'm still thinking about this one.
Augment began with the idea that it would be interesting to use Sequencers to manipulate Additive Partials in a rhythmic way, but it soon became apparent that it would be a much more interesting instrument using other waveforms as a huge 11 Layer Synthesizer. As a result Augment retains the additive mode but also uses 200 Waveforms which can be freely selected for each layer. The Waveforms are along the lines of PCM Synths of the past which have an Attack Section and a looped constant tone which works well as it allows the sounds to be more focused on Synthesis rather than sampling. The Attack Section can be disabled per Layer so they become pure tones.
As far as the Sequencing side of Augment goes, the intention was to have sounds which have highly rhythmic components which are locked to tempo. The idea that you have a Pad which will come alive with rhythmic complexity when played alongside other Rhythmic sounds was at the forefront of the design. The Sequence destination are Filter, Volume, Drive and Pan. All sequencers are monophonic with the exception of the Volume Sequencers which are Polyphonic.
One of the issues with having 11 Layers is that it has a lot of parameters (30 per layer) which poses the problem of making editing intuitive and logical. Firstly by having all 11 Volumes visible at once and select buttons below, means that by editing the Layer Volume of selecting via the selector all relevant parameters will instantly be visible for editing as well as having a solo button which will just play the currently selected Layer. This is an intuitive way to edit presets but it was taken a step further by creating an Overview Panel which displays all 11 Layer Parameters (excluding the sequencers) simultaneously, which means they can all be viewed/Edited instantly and comparatively.
Another feature is the 12 alternative Volume Triggers. These are basically copies of the Main Layer Volumes but they can be triggered in real-time via a dedicated Octave on your midi Controller. This can make for some interesting Sequencing possibilities which could either be used to solo single layers or highlight particular Layers etc… It is suggested that you record the triggers in your sequencer and the work on the Volumes in situ. There is also a Sequencer which can be used to sequence them as part of the preset and whilst not as flexible as using the DAW, it can make some interesting Rhythmic Effects. It can also be recorded in real-time using the dedicated XY Controller.
If editing sounds is not your thing, then this is where the Global Randomizers come into Play. There are 7 in total all with different characteristics which are highly tuned to generate interesting results, and whilst Presets are included, by using the randomizers you can be assured that you will be creating a preset which is totally unique.
Like most of the other instruments from Homegrown Sounds, Augment is a true Synthesizer relying much more on scripting than sample Playback to shape the sounds. The Samples are small and simple and used as Oscillators and as a result unlike many Kontakt Libraries the memory footprint is very small. (Currently 30mb, although more waveforms may be added).
- * 11 Synthesizer Layers.
* Each Layer contains 4 Sequencers for Volume, Filter, Pan and Drive. The Volume Sequencers are Polyphonic.
* Each Layer Contains a choice of Waveform, Filter Type and Envelope Shape, 3 Effect Sends and Lofi Controls.
* An overview Panel which displays every Layer control for easily editing all Layers.
* An XY Pad which can be used to record the Layer Sequencers and Displays the current Layer Motion.
* An Additive Synthesizer Mode which uses 11 Additive Partials.
* Reverb with a large collection of Impulse Responses.
* Stereo Delay
* A Modulator Effect which can be either a Chorus, Phaser or Flanger.
* A global Envelope used to control the Global Filter Cutoff.
* A Detune Parameter which evenly detunes all 11 Synths
* Unstable which adds random Pitch Fluctuations to all Layers.
* 12 Volume Triggers which can switch to alternative Layer Volumes in real-time and a changeable Midi Octave for them.
* An XY Sequencer which can Sequence the Volume Triggers which can be recorded using the XY Pad.
* Extensive Global and Local Randomizers.
* Global and Local Default Buttons with the ability to save your own Default file.
* An Integrated Preset Browser with Save Ability
Note that the videos show the original GUI but they are functionally the same.
Video Demonstrating some of the Presets:
Video Demonstrating the Main Features:
Randomizers in Action
Destiny/Singularity - unlocked at Level 6
Full details are available here
Singularity Lite is available for free which is identical to the Singularity included with Destiny but uses less waveforms. You can get it here: