Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Paypal takes 7% for a transaction to Lithuania, and this is a considerable amount if you buy an expensive plug-in, so if the buyer does not pay the 7% agreed in advance, this is not very comfortable for me ... But if a buyer from Germany, then Paypal does not take anything ... I don't understand this whole banking system at all ...

I have been doing Friends and Family as a buyer because I thought the risk was mine, not the seller's. Also because the buyer is typically the one paying the fee for protection, further cementing that idea... Apparently I was wrong. So the 5% Paypal fee is basically non-negotiable, then?

Or is this post not entirely true?

IGNORE. Deal wen through fine
Last edited by tomheavybeats on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, you are not fully covered. If paypal says you received the product, you don't get your money back later, even if Toontrack later revoke your license due to card fraud.
if you post an ad to buy a license, anyone can apply. I would only buy from a reputable seller.
Last edited by becseigy on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh I see, thanks for the heads up. Will avoid. Can’t see how someone can have zero online presence these days either
Cheers!

just curious, are all those peeps selling individual components of Komplete scammers? I don't get how are you chunking out parts of complete to sell. If it possible, i would gladly get rid of some of the stuff in there i don't use
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 pm just curious, are all those peeps selling individual components of Komplete scammers? I don't get how are you chunking out parts of complete to sell. If it possible, i would gladly get rid of some of the stuff in there i don't use
Could it be from people that bought the elements separately then upgraded? That would lead to duplication.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:47 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 pm just curious, are all those peeps selling individual components of Komplete scammers? I don't get how are you chunking out parts of complete to sell. If it possible, i would gladly get rid of some of the stuff in there i don't use
Could it be from people that bought the elements separately then upgraded? That would lead to duplication.
It could, yes. but that would be a cr@p load of $$$'s blown away by someone to buy all those items individually. I fail to see that happening.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

timbit2006 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:38 am
June61944 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:27 am What happened to Leo007? Shows he was banned, too?
I've just bought Reaktor from him on Vi-control. He explained that he got banned for having two accounts. I'm very surprised that they banned him without warning though, he was very great to deal with every time and he even had items in the member charity auction. :? :shrug: As for the others I have no idea, that's definitely a bit strange.
Came here as soon as I saw he was banned. I have had great experiences with him and was going to check if he had anything for sale. Hope he is unbanned at some point. Sad to see him gone :(

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 pm
Kongru wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:47 pm
It could, yes. but that would be a cr@p load of $$$'s blown away by someone to buy all those items individually. I fail to see that happening.
I am one of the people selling individual components of Komplete (kind of... s. below) after upgrading, so I can add some insight. First, I'd like to reassure that I am not a scammer, but this happens with the consent of NI. :D

The reason why one can sell individual components is pretty simple: When you are in the game long enough (and I think I have started with the very first Komplete package), then you might have bought Komplete, but also some individual products that later on were in included in a new Komplete version. In particular, this is the case if you upgrade to an Ultimate or Collectors edition (which I did), which includes most of NI's stuff. Also, there were some Christmas presents that later on became upgraded to full products, but also became part of Komplete.

As a long time user, it's nearly inevitable that you end up with some doubles that still have individual serials if you buy both Komplete upgrades and individual products once in a while (because you want to have them immediately for some reason). And if you do that for more than a decade like me, you will end up with that "cr@p load" of products. :hihi:

In my case, I asked NI support to check my account for doubles (great support person, by the way!), and they identified more than a dozen of products with individual serials that were 'cleared' for a sale by them. These also showed up as transferable in their license transfer system then.

By the way: I think that Komplete updates and individual Komplete products are tied to a specific "base" license, so you cannot simply split them and sell these individually. These also do not show up in the license transfer overview in your account. So I think the licenses sold in the market place must be superfluous doubles due to upgrades, not "split" Komplete packages (as this shouldn't work, based on how NI's license transfer system operates).

However, maybe there is some gap in their system that I don't see right now?

Anyway, I hope this explains why some people are selling individual products after upgrading to Komplete, and why this may be fully legit and with NI's consent. :tu:

OK how about this for something weird:

"I am selling already Komplete 13 but I want you to know its an account takeover [...]"

To my question about account takeover, they respond:

"Yes but since for this license is not possible this could be a way because you can change all the data of the account"

I thought Komplete 13 licences were transferable?
vinnie2k, n00b in all things
"Better finished than perfect" Yem

vinnie2k wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:53 am OK how about this for something weird:

"I am selling already Komplete 13 but I want you to know its an account takeover [...]"

To my question about account takeover, they respond:

"Yes but since for this license is not possible this could be a way because you can change all the data of the account"

I thought Komplete 13 licences were transferable?
scammer bruh.. move on.. there are lots of other decent people on KVR .

Follow up to my post above: when I ask "Why is it not possible with this licence?", the answer is "It's sold now.".
All of the discussion happened via PM.
The original message on the forum and the thread title have now been replaced with "Sold".

Is this user worth reporting?
vinnie2k, n00b in all things
"Better finished than perfect" Yem

Hm, odd, but I guess that's not exactly a clear case, so not sure. You may want to check with the mods, but I guess they might be a bit grumpy if it's just a normal sale, based on all these weird cases lately... In any case, be careful when buying from people with a new account or just a few posts (esp. if these are just in the market place), who insist on PayPal F&F and who tell you weird stories about why they have loads of brand new plugins on offer. If it smells fishy, it's usually fishy. :-)

Bought the "Rooms of Hansa" SDX and some MIDI packs from Bloodyroar, currently investigating for fraud. Found out his history as Evan Prima who has a known history of scamming on other forums and the buy/sell plugins facebook group. Also bought Superior Drummer 3 from him. I used goods & services and he invoiced me so there is at least a 5% chance I get my money back with all of the proof I have. I don't have a lot of hope though.

Currently awaiting an email from Toontrack to verify the legitimacy of the serials.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”