Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks again for your quick reply.

You know if they pay with goods and services option when the money you receive has the PayPal tax cut, so it's less what they pay (it means you paid the PayPal fees which is about 4% I think).

cranium wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:47 pm Doing some additional research on how the selling procedure works and found out about KnobCloud.

Anyone familiar with KnobCloud?
I've just started using Knobcloud. The real difference with Knobcloud is plugins are forced to be registered with the user who is selling.

I have had no issues yet using both sites. I like Knobcloud because of the pictures lol

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 am
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 am
Saying anyone who uses friends and family is trying to scam is not right in my opinion. There are still good people in the world who are just looking for good deals and will offer to send payments this way or request to receive them this way. Doesn’t always mean they are scammers.
you are betraying paypal.
PayPal get their (un)fair share anyway with outrageous currency rates. Also, I have noticed that if you pay with the F&F, PayPal will still charge a little bit extra, but from the buyer instead.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

When I transferred money with family and friends in the past, PayPal cut the fees from me! So I just prefer to pay extra covering the fees with the business option anyway!

why did ke10g got banned ? i have a transaction pending with him ? he scammed people ?

Can someone who paid with goods and services and got scammed confirm that paypal refunded the payment after keys got revoked? That warranty story about not getting refunded sounds weird. Can't you just tell paypal that the key is not working and copy/paste the message you got from the manufacturer.

For anyone that bought stuff from "jcolle" (who has since been banned) on here, he's been reported as a stolen credit card scammer on VI-Control:

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... rd.112770/

Where is the "THIEF ALERT" thread? Is it deleted? Why?
Saw an old kvr member yesterday on facebook selling the same plugins as 6 months ago and wanted to link the thread

Is there a process that one should follow when they think they're being scammed? I have a seller that is unresponsive 24 hours after I sent payment. My PMs show he's read my messages asking for confirmation but he will not respond. I sent a note to the plugin manufacturer to see if I could confirm that at least an account exists under the email he sent me but I doubt they can/would tell me that.

If anyone purchased from ke10g, this is also a scammer. Native Instruments removed products from my account. I see the user is already banned, but in case anyone noticed their licenses disappearing this is why.

June61944 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:30 pm Is there a process that one should follow when they think they're being scammed? I have a seller that is unresponsive 24 hours after I sent payment. My PMs show he's read my messages asking for confirmation but he will not respond. I sent a note to the plugin manufacturer to see if I could confirm that at least an account exists under the email he sent me but I doubt they can/would tell me that.
I'm going through that right now with a guy I am trying to buy Ableton Live from. I set up a PayPal dispute. You might try the same.

-- DELETE ME --
Last edited by MegaPixel on Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted / Wrong Thread.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”