IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF
4560 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am

Is the cart icon etc always visible in the plug-in versions of t-racks ?

KVRist
98 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am

In web someone uploaded 2022 releases 3 days ago, but I can't remember whether it was Waves or IK Multimedia?!
As far as I remember
1. Bob Dylon Voxoder
A kind of Autotune or just the opposite?
If you have a perfect voice, this plugin will make it sound more like Bob Dylan
2. Led Zep Suite
I suppose for Amplitube and maybe Bonham drums?
3. Purple Suite
Gear emulations from Paisley Park, maybe guitar stuff also for Amplitube and vocal effect for a funky mickey mouse-like effect ala Camille. Moaning and screaming vocal samples.
4. Jimi"s Monterey Destroyer
Use this plugin on a track where you want to destroy your instrument, select burn, explode,
trample down, throw, electrical accident, drowning, flash, quake etc.
5. Song Production Suite
That's gonna be pretty cool.
You tell the plugin how many chords you want for verse and for chorus, whether you want a solo part etc. You can also add a reference song to give plugin an idea of your desired new song or give plugin up to 5 different songs, what will Bach, Elvis, Black Sabbath, Earth Wind & Fire and Justin Bieber as reference for a new song with elements or characteristics of all references sound like? Then you have to feed plugin with 5 up to 10 words for the lyrics. Then you select VSTi plugins or use a random automatic selection option.
You will get a complete song with lyrics!!!
Oh and you can choose what the vocals have to sound like, I remember Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Barry White, Al Pacino, Joe Cocker.
And a "more takes" option, you could use your own audio or midi and ask plugin to give you up to 5 alternate takes, furthermore you can ask plugin for example to make your guitar solo sound more like Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Claptin, Van Halen, John McLaughlin, Django Reinhardt etc or a Sax Solo like Coltrane, Maceo Parker, drums like Tony Williams, John Blackwell, Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell etc and so on

6. STUDIO Assistant
This plugin will talk or chat with you.
"Are you sure you want to add this pad sound?" or " Don't you think attack time is too fast?" or " what about a plate reverb instead of a hall?" or "Are you sure you want Waves again, what about IKM this time?!" or
"why isn't Black 76 in your plugin folder any more? , please at least turn the noise button off on CLA 76" or "if you don't stop using Autotune, I will make your daw crash"

Version 1 will work with Audacity only!

And some more, but can't remember exactly...
Last edited by DCrown on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am, edited 14 times in total.

KVRAF
6870 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 am

Whatchoo smokin'?
"You shoulda been there."
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

KVRian
1149 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:08 am

Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 am
Whatchoo smokin'?
:D
Yeah, I can hardly wait for the Al Pacino vocoder.

KVRist
32 posts since 8 Mar, 2021

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:53 pm

DCrown wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 am
In web someone uploaded 2022 releases 3 days ago, but I can't remember whether it was Waves or IK Multimedia?!
As far as I remember
1. Bob Dylon Voxoder
A kind of Autotune or just the opposite?
If you have a perfect voice, this plugin will make it sound more like Bob Dylan
2. Led Zep Suite
I suppose for Amplitube and maybe Bonham drums?
3. Purple Suite
Gear emulations from Paisley Park, maybe guitar stuff also for Amplitube and vocal effect for a funky mickey mouse-like effect ala Camille. Moaning and screaming vocal samples.
4. Jimi"s Monterey Destroyer
Use this plugin on a track where you want to destroy your instrument, select burn, explode,
trample down, throw, electrical accident, drowning, flash, quake etc.
5. Song Production Suite
That's gonna be pretty cool.
You tell the plugin how many chords you want for verse and for chorus, whether you want a solo part etc. You can also add a reference song to give plugin an idea of your desired new song or give plugin up to 5 different songs, what will Bach, Elvis, Black Sabbath, Earth Wind & Fire and Justin Bieber as reference for a new song with elements or characteristics of all references sound like? Then you have to feed plugin with 5 up to 10 words for the lyrics. Then you select VSTi plugins or use a random automatic selection option.
You will get a complete song with lyrics!!!
Oh and you can choose what the vocals have to sound like, I remember Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Barry White, Al Pacino, Joe Cocker.
And a "more takes" option, you could use your own audio or midi and ask plugin to give you up to 5 alternate takes, furthermore you can ask plugin for example to make your guitar solo sound more like Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Claptin, Van Halen, John McLaughlin, Django Reinhardt etc or a Sax Solo like Coltrane, Maceo Parker, drums like Tony Williams, John Blackwell, Ginger Baker, Mitch Mitchell etc and so on

6. STUDIO Assistant
This plugin will talk or chat with you.
"Are you sure you want to add this pad sound?" or " Don't you think attack time is too fast?" or " what about a plate reverb instead of a hall?" or "Are you sure you want Waves again, what about IKM this time?!" or
"why isn't Black 76 in your plugin folder any more? , please at least turn the noise button off on CLA 76" or "if you don't stop using Autotune, I will make your daw crash"

Version 1 will work with Audacity only!

And some more, but can't remember exactly...
Pretty much information in that, plus it's funny! Thanks! :)

KVRAF
1921 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Seattle, WA - USA

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 am
Thank you for some of the entertaining posts this morning.
I can only imagine the thickness of skin you've developed after all these years across so many audio forum communities. Hats off to you, sir, and thanks again for the GB. :)

KVRAF
5056 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:30 pm

lotus2035 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 am
SLiC wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:12 am
Yes- Like this (on the IK Site) https://www.safespacer.net/
Obviously diversifying!
:scared:
I definitely would love that thing to keep me away from people wearing it.

KVRAF
6870 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:01 pm

I just barked 'ABSTAND!' at someone on the U-Bahn the other day. That's my warning system for others to stay the f**k away from me in public spaces.
"You shoulda been there."
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

KVRian
635 posts since 27 Nov, 2017 from CO, USA

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:01 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:14 am
On our way to 25, maties!

KVRist
188 posts since 19 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:31 pm

moonchunk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:39 pm
moonchunk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:38 pm
moonchunk wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:31 pm
SLiC wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:21 am
akeia wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:16 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:45 am
The site was down for a very short time. We've been around for 25 years, I think we're still quite professional in non-clownworld even with an occasional and brief web site downtime :)
The last 25 years have been a totally different market for plugins and music software. And consumers were falling for quite deceptive business models.

In my opinion your current frantically "all for nothing" clearance sale shouts more "bankruptcy avoidance" than "solid business".
One thing is for sure there will have quite a long sales drought after tis until they have a large base of new products (and then will anyone buy anything knowing that if they wait they will get it 80% off or even free?).

I suspect its about to go subscription...
I hope not. Although I entered the Group buy with an $199.99, and 2 $99.99, and I think I'll own most of their current line that I want, I still hope they don't go that way.

Subscription is far more nuisance than help for me personally. I don't like to hassle with the subscription stuff that I have tried. IK's product line is very good and varied - but it doesn't stand as the lion in the forest and make every other product line bow down.

And even if for the life of me I can't do a search and find out what the maximum velocity layers Sampletank 4 allows (despite several Google minutes spent)...I know that I USE KONTAKT for those types of library design functions. I don't think IK ever meant to compete with it directly. Sampletank on the other hand is for its variety and unique aspects. Many companies excel at some particular things occasionally, and also do a good job with variety, but can't replace most of your other stuff in a free world. There's just too much competition (and subscriptions typically draw one into a kind of less aware mindset since the money is pre-allocated.) IK Multimedia to me is its own unique experience. Its fun to support its ecology, but to devote myself to it to the level of subscription would be undesirable.

Few companies (aside from Adobe) are able to dominate the market to such an extent that you'd want to be locked in with all your cash; not being able to afford to put an antique bathtub in your cousins back yard for your use when staying overnight for a few months. Okay, I made that up entirely. But, I was on with the East West stuff, and there are some plugins they sell that are just enormously over-hyped when used to justify paying an annual subscription.

On the other hand, I got the Spitfire BBC Orchestra Pro thing, and plugin guru's Unify. Those 2 plugins serve a need and deliver what they promise. And they were painless. Would I want to pay $300 a year to Spitfire to use all their stuff. Possibly if I were exclusively doing orchestral stuff. (Same argument for Adobe - IF I were doing graphics work for a living, which I'm not). I like to have a variety of projects and tools. If I needed a choir I would probably get Dominus, If I needed a wind library I would consider Aaron Venture or possibly Samplemodeling. I can't really achieve those results with East West. So Paying $29 or $24 or whatever to East West, means only one thing to me. It means that I will not have the time I expect for working on music, and realize I'm paying for something and not using it. And in 7 or 8 years I would have spent way more money, when primarily using other companies products anyway, and I would have just that much less cash on hand to buy the breakthrough products that always come out from time to time.
Last edited by moonchunk on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 pm

Pretty much information in that, plus it's funny! Thanks! :)
[/quote]

I have forgotten a gem!
It will be called "wear and tear".
Plugin has to be last plugin in master chain, it will analyze the usage of plugins.
The more you use certain plugins the more likely it is that you will have to buy plugin again. Also the way you treat a plugin will be considered, do you move the sliders too fast or rather smoothly?! Some combinations work better than others, so do not use IKM and Arturia on one track!?
Like real gear, the plugin will be out of order sooner or later. "Tear and wear" will add rust, dirt, scratches, dents, broken knobs, sliders, aliasing, hiss, artefacts, noise, crash, bugs, latency and the first time a plugin is completely broken you could send it to a devs repair shop. Well, the 2nd time you would have to buy it again.
This plugin will prevent you from using certain plugins too much, that could be better for creativity?! IKM, nevertheless I suppose, you should raise the price for Amplitube, Black 76 and Bus Comp - your repair service might receive these plugins quite often ! Plugin also has a like and dislike button for judging all devs, so the plugins of a less popular dev will get out of order faster! I would think twice b4 buying PA in future LOL

You can't go more analog in digital world!
Last edited by DCrown on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
806 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:59 pm

I bought Samplemoog back in the days. I was on windows and downloaded the library. Then I switched to mac, but now they want me to pay for my soundsbanks once more as if I did not really own them. Surely that is a vulgar business model, and I cannot see any reason for this but exploitation. I will never buy anything from IK again. Alternatively, you can check your Arturia accounts. They have a crossgrade campaign on the new SQ80v + V8 collection if you got a few of their synths already. Just got the whole V8 and SQ80v collection for 269€. The value far exceeds the offerings by IK. Needless to say, their emus are way more flexible than IK’s samplelayers.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:09 pm

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:59 pm
I bought Samplemoog back in the days. I was on windows and downloaded the library. Then I switched to mac, but now they want me to pay for my soundsbanks once more as if I did not really own them. Surely that is a vulgar business model, and I cannot see any reason for this but exploitation. I will never buy anything from IK again. Alternatively, you can check your Arturia accounts. They have a crossgrade campaign on the new SQ80v + V8 collection if you got a few of their synths already. Just got the whole V8 and SQ80v collection for 269€. The value far exceeds the offerings by IK. Needless to say, their emus are way more flexible than IK’s samplelayers.
I disagree. I had IKM Sampletank and Syntronik before Arturia. After watching some videos and reading reviews and threads, I thought Arturia would be superior.
Imo it's not superior, it's not worse, but also not better than IKM and as to pianos and e-pianos and organs, samples are still better and superior imo. So Pianoteq I also
expected to better than it is in reality.
Arturia's e-pianos and organs are pretty weak imo.
Arturia generally has an annoying disadvantage: pretty long plugin loading times! Arturia's fx collection is nice, would get more use if loading times were
improved. I prefer a fast workflow!
SQ80 is some Ensoniq emu! Well, Ensoniq hardware was not very good and popular, so why would I buy a VSTi emu with a pretty high price?!
Last edited by DCrown on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KVRian
806 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:13 pm

To each, his own, dude, but their demand that you pay for their soundbanks more than once is very real, and even if I actually thought their emus were better (which I don’t), I would not support such a model in a life time.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:20 pm

You must download a soundbank within 180 days afaik. Did not know you can dowload only mac or only windows version, that's not nice indeed. After 180 days you can download again by paying about 15 USD afaik. Maybe you can download one version immediately (mac or win) and after 180 days you pay 15 usd and download mac or win!?

Waves WUP is way more worse or Plugin Alliance with a pretty hazy and confusing marketing or promotion or advertising and pricing or maybe complain about Softube, because even their Sales prices are pretty high.
IKM has too many confusing, also sometimes hazy things, so my good piece of advice: less is more! Keep things more clear and simple (I am not refering to your products!)
Last edited by DCrown on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”