IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
User avatar
KVRian
809 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:42 am

flori89 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 am
No they don't. They factor in the download costs into the prices of their products. They calculate an average of how many times a product is downloaded and then factor in the transfer costs into the price. Do you really think you aren't paying for the downloads? Come on.
You do not really understand that the fact that just about every other company manage to grow and survive without the way of IK invalidates any justification you can come up with?

I asked you if every other company is doing charity then, but I see now why you ignored the question. Big fail again. Repeating fails won't help them to become a success.
Last edited by TribeOfHǫfuð on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist
153 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 am

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:42 am
flori89 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 am
No they don't. They factor in the download costs into the prices of their products. They calculate an average of how many times a product is downloaded and then factor in the transfer costs into the price. Do you really think you aren't paying for the downloads? Come on.
You do not really understand that the fact that just about every other company manage to grow and survive without the way of IK invalidate any justification you can come up with?

I asked you if every other company is doing charity then, but I see now why you ignored the question. Big fail again. Repeating fails won't help them to become a success.
You literally quoted where I didn't not ignore what you wrote. Whatever, as someone else said, live is too short.

User avatar
KVRian
809 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 am

flori89 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:46 am
You literally quoted where I didn't not ignore what you wrote.
You just denied it, does not answer the question. If you want to make a hit on this, explain why IK among all other companies should be forced to use this paying scheme while others can go free and concentrate on 24-7 downloads? Because that is what you imply, and obviously the fact that others can go free contradicts it. So what insights can you offer here?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRAF
5362 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 am

Popcorn anybody?

User avatar
KVRian
809 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:01 am

Enjoy.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:10 am

There are plenty of valid reasons to whinge about IK. Purchasing re-download credits isn't one of them. They're completely up-front and clear about the requirements when you buy. All of the arguments you're making here are old and tired and have already been rebutted.

I can't help but be amused by your first message where you loudly divorced IK for life over a $7 charge, and instead went out bought yourself a $270 package from another brand. I mean... c'mon. I don't think it's about the $7 here.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

User avatar
KVRian
809 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:22 am

Ceej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:10 am
Targuments you're making here are old and tired and have already been rebutted.
No they have not. Then you explain me why IK have to do this by necessity but not other companies. Unless an answer is given all the "business" stuff won't work since other companies are business too. It it like saying, "but they have to to feed their families", yeah, but other companies have families too, so where is the difference? None of you has provided an answer yet. Likely because you have none. And again, whether you are charged with 9 bucks or a million is not the point in case (and I did not buy V8 instead of Samplemoog lib, never said). Does not really seem to compute to people. Read my joke again and go figure.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRian
562 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:07 am

It was answered here:
flori89 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 am
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:32 am
Oh, so every other DEV who manage to provide download 24-7 of big libs runs a charity not a business? Try again, mate :wink:
No they don't. They factor in the download costs into the prices of their products. They calculate an average of how many times a product is downloaded and then factor in the transfer costs into the price. Do you really think you aren't paying for the downloads? Come on.
And you literally quoted that answer in your reply where you said it wasn't answered. And then ignored it again when called out on it. So, again, I'm starting to think it's not really about the policy at all, but about the arguing.

I mean, you're welcome to not like the policy. You're welcome to take your toys and go home. (In fact, I'd encourage that rather than popping up on threads about a company you've already disavowed to publicly dump on them.) But it's a justifiable business policy.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

User avatar
KVRian
809 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:22 am

Ceej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:07 am
It was answered here:
flori89 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 am
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:32 am
Oh, so every other DEV who manage to provide download 24-7 of big libs runs a charity not a business? Try again, mate :wink:
No they don't. They factor in the download costs into the prices of their products. They calculate an average of how many times a product is downloaded and then factor in the transfer costs into the price. Do you really think you aren't paying for the downloads? Come on.
And you literally quoted that answer in your reply where you said it wasn't answered. And then ignored it again when called out on it. So, again, I'm starting to think it's not really about the policy at all, but about the arguing.

I mean, you're welcome to not like the policy. You're welcome to take your toys and go home. (In fact, I'd encourage that rather than popping up on threads about a company you've already disavowed to publicly dump on them.) But it's a justifiable business policy.
This is is still no answer. Unbelievable that you cannot see:

1) Others companies calculate averages too but do not charge extra.
2) Other companies also get charged for download, but do not charge extra.

So question remains, why do they have to this and not others? They don't is the answer, but they do because it pays off somehow. That ain't anywhere near a justification to me, just a choice making their users pay the bill an extra time.

How many times have I urged to explain the difference, five? And still no answer. Why don't you give up then? The above is not answer and will not be just because you quote and paraphrase its assertions.

But no doubt that IK were ahead of their time when establishing this back in the days. Like they foresaw the upcoming subscription models.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRian
880 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:53 am

One benefit of capitalism is that the customer gets to choose .. and many have chosen, which is why IK seem to be struggling to hit 25k for the 25th anniversary, a number they seem desperate to hit and already extended it by a month and now offering another extension as an added incentive/enticement .. not at all surprising .. OTOH many have chosen to join as well as 16 or 17k or whatever the number is now is not small either.

User avatar
KVRAF
2390 posts since 13 Jun, 2008 from Napier,New Zealand

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:28 am

maschinelf wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:53 am
One benefit of capitalism is that the customer gets to choose .. and many have chosen, which is why IK seem to be struggling to hit 25k for the 25th anniversary, a number they seem desperate to hit and already extended it by a month and now offering another extension as an added incentive/enticement .. not at all surprising .. OTOH many have chosen to join as well as 16 or 17k or whatever the number is now is not small either.
Reaching 25,000 was always going to be a stretch, and I think the issue is finding 25,000 new customers. A lot of people who are into music production already have and use I.K stuff, so that's a reason for a lot of people not to be getting in this group-buy... Nothing to do with I.K being a bad company... in my opinion. :shrug:

User avatar
KVRAF
4425 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:38 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 am
Popcorn anybody?
This little slappy fight should be another thread IMO.

KVRian
880 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 am

Didn't say they're bad, and own a few of their products. Just pointing out one advantage of capitalism for customers, since capitalism and communism came up in the discussion. And yea maybe 25k was a stretch and that's why they extended by a month but apparently that's not enough either .. plus I agree with the notion that charging for reactivation is a pretty crappy and imho completely inexplicable policy, regardless of whether it costs $10 or more or less, and the reason I decided to skip.

KVRist
153 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:36 am

maschinelf wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 am
Didn't say they're bad, and own a few of their products. Just pointing out one advantage of capitalism for customers, since capitalism and communism came up in the discussion. And yea maybe 25k was a stretch and that's why they extended by a month but apparently that's not enough either .. plus I agree with the notion that charging for reactivation is a pretty crappy policy and the reason I decided to skip.
As someone who took part in that promotion the reasons why they extend it really don't concern me much. If anything that they are willing to go the extra mile so that they reach 25 is very positive for me.

For all we know, the considered this from the beginning and made a plan on how to reach this stretch goal. The why, how and who doesn't change that this is an absolute fantastic deal.

KVRAF
8244 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:58 am
Popcorn anybody?
Buy 1 carton of Popcorn, get 25 cartons free :tu:
PC + S49 MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, DM12, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”