IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRer
8 posts since 22 Aug, 2021

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:13 am

They probably got a license for the "SVX 2 upgrade" which is $49. SVX is always $99 afaik, so you should be good.

KVRist
35 posts since 13 Jul, 2019

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 am

tviler wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:13 am
They probably got a license for the "SVX 2 upgrade" which is $49. SVX is always $99 afaik, so you should be good.
Thanks for the clarification. So Regardless of how much I spend, I can claim products that are of equal or less value than the price that shows on my IK multimedia website, right?

KVRian
507 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:26 am

Ludo7777 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 am
tviler wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. So Regardless of how much I spend, I can claim products that are of equal or less value than the price that shows on my IK multimedia website, right?
Once you have registered SVX, you can buy your Syntronik upgrade for 199.99 and then choose your "up to 199.99" products.
However, it is cheaper to buy Syntronik with Gear Credits.
Buy 200 Gear Credits for 159.99 (IK's price), minus any Jam Points you may have. (you'll have some for SVX purchase and maybe some bonus points).
They have a Installation called Custom Shop. Launch that, choose Gear Credits at the top, and buy your Syntronik for 200 Gear Credits.
You're now in at the 199 level for way less than 199.

KVRist

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:47 am

festeringheap wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:26 am
Ludo7777 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:25 am
tviler wrote:
Once you have registered SVX, you can buy your Syntronik upgrade for 199.99 and then choose your "up to 199.99" products.
However, it is cheaper to buy Syntronik with Gear Credits.
Buy 200 Gear Credits for 159.99 (IK's price), minus any Jam Points you may have. (you'll have some for SVX purchase and maybe some bonus points).
They have a Installation called Custom Shop. Launch that, choose Gear Credits at the top, and buy your Syntronik for 200 Gear Credits.
You're now in at the 199 level for way less than 199.
Thanks for the suggestion! Will do. Also, this is pretty tangential to my question, but there seem to be a lot of controversy around IK's stuff. Personally, I haven't made a big investment since Komplete 13 select (mostly because I was using crack but decided to cut down on that). If I don't own a lot of stuff other than stock stuff and Komplete select, would you take this deal? I hear there are better options for a lot of products here (ex: Plugin Alliance for T-racks, Addictive Drums for Modo Drums, V collection for Syntronik, etc...) and it's honestly confusing for me.

KVRian
634 posts since 25 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:02 am

Ug...so individual cabs and amps aren't available, eh? I jumped in without realizing that, so I now have a bunch of stranded promotions. :(

KVRist
32 posts since 8 Mar, 2021

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:09 am

twasq wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:47 am
Hey there!

Just one last BIG question:
I've bought into the GB with 300 GearCredits, spend on T-RackS 5 Deluxe via CS. I've downloaded and registered/authorized T-RackS 5 Deluxe completely.
I have claimed my free products.

Now I am unsure of the following:
Do I have to download AND authorize my free products until 30th of September, to permanently gain them? Or is is enough to just "authorize" in IK Product Manager?

Best wishes to you all!
bump :lol:

KVRian
1151 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 am

You have to claim the free products within about 30 days of the offer ending.
Authorise at your leisure.
Download any libraries within 180 days or so, otherwise they charge a download fee.
No fees ever just to download the plugins.

KVRist

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:56 am

Last year, IK sold Total Studio MAX 2 for $250. Is there a chance they do something like this anytime soon? Because then I don't see a big merit in the group buy this time (would rather get the whole thing for a minimal price difference...)

KVRer
14 posts since 30 Aug, 2021

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am

Ludo7777 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:56 am
Last year, IK sold Total Studio MAX 2 for $250. Is there a chance they do something like this anytime soon? Because then I don't see a big merit in the group buy this time (would rather get the whole thing for a minimal price difference...)
Honestly, at this point you're pretty much getting their Total Studio Max 3 for a fraction of the price. To put my experience in perspective, I've bought in 4 times (for around $370 or so), and I pretty have every FX and instrument plugin/library they have to offer. I'm literally just picking stuff now that I'll never even use just because I already have everything I would want.

KVRer
1 posts since 1 Apr, 2018

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am

Hi there Peter (or anyone else who may have an answer)

I was wondering, if I already have a license but can get a good deal on another copy of the same product, will I be able to register that second license and qualify for the group buy at that level?

KVRist
37 posts since 4 Apr, 2021

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:20 pm

mustangresources wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am
Hi there Peter (or anyone else who may have an answer)

I was wondering, if I already have a license but can get a good deal on another copy of the same product, will I be able to register that second license and qualify for the group buy at that level?
Yes. This worked for me!

KVRian
563 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 pm

twasq wrote:
Hey there!

I've bought into the GB with 300 GearCredits, spend on T-RackS 5 Deluxe via CS. I've downloaded and registered/authorized T-RackS 5 Deluxe completely.

Do I have to download AND authorize my free products until 30th of September, to permanently gain them? Or is is enough to just "authorize" in IK Product Manager?
You're already all done. You don't need to download or authorize anything if you don't want to; those products are yours to do with as you wish, whenever you wish, until IK goes out of business.

The one exception is any product with soundset downloads (SampleTank, SampleTron, Syntronik, etc). You have 180 days from the day you registered them / picked them as a freebie to download the sample data. If you need to download them again in future, it'll cost $10 to re-activate the soundset downloads.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRist
32 posts since 8 Mar, 2021

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:35 pm

Ceej wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 pm
twasq wrote:
Hey there!

You're already all done. You don't need to download or authorize anything if you don't want to; those products are yours to do with as you wish, whenever you wish, until IK goes out of business.

The one exception is any product with soundset downloads (SampleTank, SampleTron, Syntronik, etc). You have 180 days from the day you registered them / picked them as a freebie to download the sample data. If you need to download them again in future, it'll cost $10 to re-activate the soundset downloads.

Are you sure?

agharta says:

agharta wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:18 am
You have to claim the free products within about 30 days of the offer ending.
Authorise at your leisure.
Download any libraries within 180 days or so, otherwise they charge a download fee.
No fees ever just to download the plugins.

edit: IK stated this (the 30 days rule) on the group buy page. But I don't know if it is the FREE software or the software QUALIFYING YOU for the free ones that I must register..?

KVRian
547 posts since 23 Jun, 2005

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are upgrades considered eligible products for this?

Amplitube 5 is 299 EUR but I've got upgrade pricing of 199 (plus some Jam Points I can throw at it) so just wanna confirm that gets me in at the 299 tier?

KVRist
237 posts since 18 Jul, 2003 from NJ

Post Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:20 pm

mustgroove wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:06 pm
Apologies if this has been asked before, but are upgrades considered eligible products for this?

Amplitube 5 is 299 EUR but I've got upgrade pricing of 199 (plus some Jam Points I can throw at it) so just wanna confirm that gets me in at the 299 tier?
199. but still 199 if you use jam points to bring the price down below 199. If you have upgrade pricing of 199, then buy the 200 gear credits and use jam points towards that, then buy amplitube 5 upgrade in the custom shop with your gear credits. It was $112 US for me that way.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”