The M51 is HERE!!!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

TC
what is a DANCE Preset? Like the "phat" Vanguard style patch?
Assuming you're genuinely asking and not taking the piss, then load up some dance loops.

Try M51 with fast DnB with wiggly kicks (160 bpm) - or Hip Hop with triplet things and swing (90 bpm) - or 4 on the floor trippy dance (136 bpm) :wink:

Meanwhile it's time for another play of Da Galaxie! 8)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:TC
Assuming you're genuinely asking and not taking the piss, then load up some dance loops.

Try M51 with fast DnB with wiggly kicks (160 bpm) - or Hip Hop with triplet things and swing (90 bpm) - or 4 on the floor trippy dance (136 bpm) :wink:

actually, my asking is genuine, since I really don't do that kind of music. I am sure M51 can be used as it has that SOUND.

However, I am sure, with its trance gate and BPM ryms it would fit very well in a groove. So are you saying it already does?

I was playing along with RMX and a lot of M51 - not all - sat quite comfortably.

Give it a try sometime. All it takes is an ear :wink:

And congrats on a great new synth :D
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Tim,

Believe it or not, I STILL cannot get this darn thing to work (demo) - I have tried to download it on 3 of my computers - and I get a corrupted file warning!!!

I really want to try this out.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Tim,

Believe it or not, I STILL cannot get this darn thing to work (demo) - I have tried to download it on 3 of my computers - and I get a corrupted file warning!!!

Mike
Sorry for the hassle.
It's a bit of mystery why some people have problems downloading, while others have not...
Anyway, I just uploaded a new demo archive, hopefully this one will dl ok.
Please try again.

DrA

Karmacomposer wrote:Tim,

Mike

Hi Mike...did you get it to work now???

I just posted a space dance song over at the auditorium using M51:

Galaxy Hopping

It uses the trance gate pretty heavily, along with some SFX, bass and lead.

Drums via Battery2.

Nice presets, e_a

M51-without-mud

Any chance of you posting them so we can take a look.

Like you I've been enjoying M51, but not got to grips with the Gate yet.

Well done 8)

kevvvvv wrote:Nice presets, e_a

M51-without-mud

Well done 8)
Thanks! The presets I'm working are for Tim to release with an upcoming bank, so hand on a while!

Tim,

Yes. I finally was able to successfully download it.

Mike

kevvvvv wrote:Nice presets, e_a

M51-without-mud

Well done 8)
Hi Kevvv

what would you like to know?

The Gate part is pretty easy..just select a mode, and hit the play button, and you hear it!
But for using the LFO and Pulsar as a gate or trigger, you assign LFO/ or Pulsar to GATE on the mod matrix, and put the depth to 99. Then use a stacatto type enevlope, and you can hear the LFo or Pulsar trigger the envelopes. Thats how to make Totems and RYMS. Use it WITH the gate, and you can get some very sycopated stuff going on.

thanx tim ... I've just copied and pasted your reply into notepad and saved it as a tip with my M51 manual

Way to go :wink:

Hi kevvvvv and others,
I just DL the M51-Demo last night and gave it a try on a Psytrance-Goa-Track... After 2 hours playing around, i got this snippet with 2 nasty beeps in it (so watch your ears/speakers!), 'cause it's just the demo.

But maybe this proofes, that M51 and even its older brother M42 are able to sound like anything you like, if you know, what you're doing and what you're looking for.

This snippet uses:

6 instances of M51
1 instance of M42
1 Vanguard (hihat)
1 Halion (BD)
1 LL2L for additional effect

Here you are:
http://www.hasipara.de/M51-Psytry.mp3
(192kbit, 2:42m, 3.7MB)

Regards,
Harry aka aetherwellen

aetherwellen wrote:

Hi kevvvvv and others,
I just DL the M51-Demo last night and gave it a try on a Psytrance-Goa-Track... After 2 hours playing around, i got this snippet with 2 nasty beeps in it (so watch your ears/speakers!), 'cause it's just the demo.

But maybe this proofes, that M51 and even its older brother M42 are able to sound like anything you like, if you know, what you're doing and what you're looking for.

This snippet uses:

6 instances of M51
1 instance of M42
1 Vanguard (hihat)
1 Halion (BD)
1 LL2L for additional effect

Here you are:
http://www.hasipara.de/M51-Psytry.mp3
(192kbit, 2:42m, 3.7MB)

Regards,
Harry aka aetherwellen

Can't believe you did this on the demo...very cool and nice beats and textures!In a way..those demo beeps fit right in :-)

Is the website down? (http://www.algomusic.nl/)
Can't seem to connect to it.

Return to “AlgoMusic”