problem loading preset banks in AlgoMusic's M42

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just recieved AlgoMusic's M42 Nebula synth version 2.

I'm having a problem loading preset banks. I get an error message: "Error opening bank for M42v11 - This file M42v2_2.fxp is not for this VSTi." The bank that comes with M42 plays fine.

The extra banks load when I use SAVIHost but not in Acid Pro 7.0b.

Got any ideas?

I know this is stating the obvious, but it is an (apparent) "Acid Pro" glitch. I quit using it at Pro-4, so don't know where the glitch might be, or any possible work-arounds, as I can't test it myself.

I would recommend posing your question as a thread in "Hosts" (also), e.g.:

"Problem loading Vsti presets in Acid-Pro 7"... as it would likely get addressed more expediently, if that IS the case.

fwiw, this is what you should have in the M42V2 folder:
doesn't this box look cool? wrote:folder > M42V2Banks

contents:

M42Default.fxb

The original bank of 128 presets from ver 1.0 and 1.1

M42Default2.fxb

The default bank of 128 presets which load when M42 is initiated. The presets are the same as the m42Default.fxb but are now sorted by preset type( pads, leads, ect are all together)

TC_M42V2_2.fxb

The second bank of 128 presets.
The last .fxb should load without issue. I hope you find a means to do so.

As an aside; I (personally) would test a potential issue Acid may have with "_" (underscores) in a file name, by renaming it (in "Savihost") and doing a "Save As" to: TCM42V2.fxb, and testing it.

~S~

Thanks for helping! I'll try what you suggest. It appears to be an issue in Acid Pro, because it works in SAVIHost. But I want to check other things too.

The box does look cool! I tried presets with _ and without. None loaded. All gave me the same error message.

I wrote Sony Media. I'll post when I hear something.

Thanks for helping.

Reverend Rhythm wrote:The box does look cool!
:tu: :D
Reverend Rhythm wrote:I tried presets with _ and without. None loaded. All gave me the same error message.

Cool... It'd be good to know...

Could I trouble you to try one of "my" banks for M42, it's the last (bottom) one, here:

SDB-M42-V2-bank1 as I would be interested to know if it works.

Thank you.

~S~

Reverend Rhythm wrote:The box does look cool! I tried presets with _ and without. None loaded. All gave me the same error message.

Thanks for helping.
Path for sf2 files = M42PackageFull/M42V2/M42_v2

Path for soundbanks = M42PackageFull/M42V2/M42V2Banks

Path for M42.dll = M42PackageFull/M42V2/

Also, some synth-edit synths that have a hard-coded default bank, may induce a crash (from some hosts) when you attempt to load a non-default soundbank. Not sure if this is related to what you experience...
Cheers
PS Pan flute, and raucus electric guitar soundfonts can be used to great effect when playing the M42

:)

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:The box does look cool!
:tu: :D
Reverend Rhythm wrote:I tried presets with _ and without. None loaded. All gave me the same error message.

Cool... It'd be good to know...

Could I trouble you to try one of "my" banks for M42, it's the last (bottom) one, here:

Thank you.

~S~
Just enough time to try a few sounds before sleep, some great variations in just 7 random picks, put a flute soundfont in seq_25, for a great melody lead sound, to go with the punchy rythm sound down below the flutes keyboard range, and looking forward to the weekend to try out more. Thanks for sharing! :) (Cantabile1.2 for host in pclinuxos/wineasio)

Shabdahbriah wrote:Could I trouble you to try one of "my" banks for M42, it's the last (bottom) one, here:

Thank you.

~S~
I tried it, but got the same error message. I would like to hear it.

The problem was in Acid Pro, and I don't really understand it. I was told it would be fixed in acid pro 7.0b.

In the meantime, I re-saved the banks in SAVIHost, and they loaded in acid pro without a problem. So I'm good now! :D

8) :!:

Reverend Rhythm wrote:The problem was in Acid Pro, and I don't really understand it. I was told it would be fixed in acid pro 7.0b.

In the meantime, I re-saved the banks in SAVIHost, and they loaded in acid pro without a problem. So I'm good now! :D
Hi,

Glad to hear you finally found a way to make it work!
I got a mail from Sony support and according to them the problem is in the file header and the interpretation of the VST specs.

Dr Ambient
AlgoMusic support

Return to “AlgoMusic”