What are you guys doing with M42?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

I'M BACK !! :shock: ( more or less)
wanted to start a fresh thread.

What are you using M42 for? HOW do you use it? We would like to hear comments on this.

Do you just use the factory patches?
Do you tweak as you go?
Do you use the RYM and SEQ patches to enhance your ryhms on your tracks?
Do you use any of the leads?
Do you just like to play with it?

Please make a comment!! (s) :!:

TC

made alot of initial use , right after purchase ... posted about three tracks , or so ...

there are so many great presets to explore , i have mostly just tweaked so far ...

i use alot of the rym and seq patches ...

i find that the patches actually suggest , or at least steer , the composition ...

great fun ...

been concentrating on rhino lately ...
( kudos tim , on some fine patch programming there ) ...

i'll be getting back into the m-42 soon ...

I'm not using it at all, but I'm really looking forward to plugging the guitar I'm learning to play into the FX version :D

normal wrote:made alot of initial use , right after purchase ... posted about three tracks , or so ...

there are so many great presets to explore , i have mostly just tweaked so far ...

i use alot of the rym and seq patches ...

i find that the patches actually suggest , or at least steer , the composition ...

great fun ...

been concentrating on rhino lately ...
( kudos tim , on some fine patch programming there ) ...

i'll be getting back into the m-42 soon ...
Yeah...theres usually a big use right after the initial release of products, then you settle down, then come back to it again. I found myself booting it up again and having a play. Theres no sound quite like it , and real fun to play still. I love just holding down some chords and see what it does.

some new stuff coming up, but don't think I can say anymore ( yet) The FX version is still going, but we are also working on some other stuff as well.

TC

Times are too traumatic ATM for any real compositional focus, but M42 was one of the first & few VSTi to get placed back into my VST folder after my reformatting if that says anything..

Waiting here for FX version to apply to my guitar stuff.. :x

tim said:
HOW do you use it? We would like to hear comments on this.
Generally i Smoke a Fat one and then get lost in the Nebula for extended periods of time....
It's like Sex Man!!

heh

manytone wrote:tim said:
HOW do you use it? We would like to hear comments on this.
Generally i Smoke a Fat one and then get lost in the Nebula for extended periods of time....
It's like Sex Man!!

heh

almost the same experience here too
cept i smoke several fat ones and cant be arsed with the sex its just juice and munchies 8)

but recently i picked up a yamaha ezag which is wuite cool to play around with some of the pad patches
at first as with most things i just tweaked factory stuff here n there but lately im delving a little deeper and still enjoying it 8)

now where is the fx version :x

:wink:

I try and avoid it during the rush hour.

i use factory presets then tweak them a leeeetle bit.

One thing i personally don't use is the split keyboard patches. However some of them contain awesome patches and I have simply removed one of the splits. I'm going to post a tune Ive done that contains three M42's in a couple of days in the music cafe. One of the patches was formerly a split one, from memory ganymede? I kept and used the rythmic part.

despite my love for sound design i haven't really got my hands dirty with the m42 yet, due to patch bank compilation etc for antoher synth i (and you , tim) use :wink:

hope that helps some

Jim

Right now, I'm playing with all the factory patches.. fire up a drum loop and then flip around, see what happens, that kind of "learning experimentation". I have to admit I'm not much of a synth programmer :oops: coming from a guitar/bass background, I tend to just use the presets then throw a filter/echo/reverb/mangler after the synth to chew things up a bit, if needed. Sigh.. someday I should learn to program these things..

I have about 3 tunes (unfinished) using M42, I ever get off my tail and complete any of 'em and I'll post links.

I also admit I like to have a few beers and then jam out on M42 with my bad self. :oops:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

It stood still here for about a month or longer, but recently picked it back up for further patching :D

And i mainly go for rhythms, textures and just try to get some cool and strange movements out of the sequences.
Like this last one; sequence is fully M42 :)

Mystahr wrote:It stood still here for about a month or longer, but recently picked it back up for further patching :D

And i mainly go for rhythms, textures and just try to get some cool and strange movements out of the sequences.
Like this last one; sequence is fully M42 :)

Nice ambient piece Mystahr! so the rymic stuff in there is M42? a good minimalistic use of it :-)I think I hear some fizmo vox stuff too. ( wish I can get one some time...mostly becuase of the sound, but as well as the look...its cool looking! )

EDIT: did you get your sf2 issue resolved?

TC

Hunter wrote:i use factory presets then tweak them a leeeetle bit.

One thing i personally don't use is the split keyboard patches. However some of them contain awesome patches and I have simply removed one of the splits. I'm going to post a tune Ive done that contains three M42's in a couple of days in the music cafe. One of the patches was formerly a split one, from memory ganymede? I kept and used the rythmic part.

despite my love for sound design i haven't really got my hands dirty with the m42 yet, due to patch bank compilation etc for antoher synth i (and you , tim) use :wink:

hope that helps some

Jim

yeah...the split ones are using each synth as a seperate synth, so you can get some nice lead sounds just from one synth. But I use the splits as a live performance mechanism...there are some SEQ patches that are also split, so you caN PLAY A SEQUENCE IN d, PLAY A MELODY IN d AS WELL, THEN ..opps..caps off ....then play the seq in a, and change your melody/lead to A...a very good real time performance thing.

Its also 2-part Multi-timbral, which means to save resources, you could have one synth on MIDI chan1 , and another on MIDI chan 2, and use your sequencer to play different parts.

Looking forward to your tunes Jim

TC

tconrardy wrote: Nice ambient piece Mystahr! so the rymic stuff in there is M42? a good minimalistic use of it :-)I think I hear some fizmo vox stuff too. ( wish I can get one some time...mostly becuase of the sound, but as well as the look...its cool looking! )

EDIT: did you get your sf2 issue resolved?

TC
the sf2 issue is resovled, but what I did notice is the patch that I did use in here (yes the rhythmic stuff is fully M42 :D) changed a little after I installed the new bank so for the tune I left the old sf2 in.

At least I can Patch again :)

Well, thisis what i use M42 for, for example.

Factory presets, three of them in this tune, one being the split keyboard one i mentioned previously, tweaked to be full keyboard :love: M42 is the first sound you hear, then other presets feature in the in the break parts as well. 8)

You'll recognise the m42 amongst the other synths. I fond m42 is just soooo conducive to songwriting the way i write - just jamming along over stuff i've already recorded, then tidying up what i record.

can't wait for the the m51. currently have the m51 galaxy as my wallpaper, coincedantally...

Jim

Return to “AlgoMusic”