What are you guys doing with M42?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hunter wrote:Well, thisis what i use M42 for, for example.

Factory presets, three of them in this tune, one being the split keyboard one i mentioned previously, tweaked to be full keyboard :love: M42 is the first sound you hear, then other presets feature in the in the break parts as well. 8)

You'll recognise the m42 amongst the other synths. I fond m42 is just soooo conducive to songwriting the way i write - just jamming along over stuff i've already recorded, then tidying up what i record.

can't wait for the the m51. currently have the m51 galaxy as my wallpaper, coincedantally...

Jim
downloading now...and it's a real honor for us to have M51 on YOUR desktop, coming from a cameleon :-)

TC

:oops: well its actually the picture of the actual m51 galaxy in all its colliding glory... i find space pics make the best wallpaper as they're mostly dark, but look superb as they are being illuminated on the screen, rather than on a piece of paper. Though if you;'ve ever read Astronomy by Michael Zeilik you'll know that you can get stunning pics of space on paper too 8) :D

Jim

Hunter wrote::oops: well its actually the picture of the actual m51 galaxy in all its colliding glory... i find space pics make the best wallpaper as they're mostly dark, but look superb as they are being illuminated on the screen, rather than on a piece of paper. Though if you;'ve ever read Astronomy by Michael Zeilik you'll know that you can get stunning pics of space on paper too 8) :D

Jim

he he...I GOT THE SAME WALL PAPER! and deep sky objects do make great wallpaper. I also have one of M42 which is perfect for the desktop.

Tim

M42 is my main synth now. It is very easy and quick to program and very playable. I use it mainly for a quick access to rhythm sounds. I would really like to see more rhythms and more sounds though!

YBaCuO wrote:M42 is my main synth now. It is very easy and quick to program and very playable. I use it mainly for a quick access to rhythm sounds. I would really like to see more rhythms and more sounds though!
Good idea...anybody up to making a small RYM preset bank? I can do this as well.Look at the RYM presets that are there and take it apart to see what makes it tick. Theres a tutorial in the manual, but if more explanation is needed, let us know.

I have been having a ball with my M42 on Receptor. It there all the time for easy access. Sometimes I add another synth that has a "analog" sequencer on it, like Kraklies EZ Poly, and M42 synces up to just fine.Same with WOF.

TC

I find programming the M42 to be very easy and I can make more RYM sounds very quickly. But of course, I still want more choices, including the new MOD features hinted at in the M51 thread.

(i.e. I want more LFO ratio and Pulsar mode choises, the new MOD features as above).

However, I do have one small problem. I often double lines to bring out the more rhythm sound, but I have a hard time eliminating the drone part of the sound too (I'm refering to just one OSC now). I have learned that careful adjustment of all sliders (F,Q, the ADSR, and the LFO/Pulsar amounts) can help to emphasize the RYM part but I still have problems getting exactly what I want. I have even resorted to adding the suzzphut gate but ...

I was hoping that the M42FX would eliminate this problem but now I'm thinking that this won't necessarily help. Am I being clear? For example, if I want an ARP 3rd and 5th, I want to hear only the 3rd and 5th and not the root. And the same idea for the other type of SEQ and RYM sounds.

I'm posting this to the M42FX thread too.

YBaCuO

YBaCuO wrote:I find programming the M42 to be very easy and I can make more RYM sounds very quickly. But of course, I still want more choices, including the new MOD features hinted at in the M51 thread.

(i.e. I want more LFO ratio and Pulsar mode choises, the new MOD features as above).

However, I do have one small problem. I often double lines to bring out the more rhythm sound, but I have a hard time eliminating the drone part of the sound too (I'm refering to just one OSC now). I have learned that careful adjustment of all sliders (F,Q, the ADSR, and the LFO/Pulsar amounts) can help to emphasize the RYM part but I still have problems getting exactly what I want. I have even resorted to adding the suzzphut gate but ...

I was hoping that the M42FX would eliminate this problem but now I'm thinking that this won't necessarily help. Am I being clear? For example, if I want an ARP 3rd and 5th, I want to hear only the 3rd and 5th and not the root. And the same idea for the other type of SEQ and RYM sounds.

I'm posting this to the M42FX thread too.

YBaCuO
he he! I replied on that thread, so go get your answer :-)

TC

I did another little tune with M42 today, just two of Mystahrs Random Weirdness patches slightly tweaked and some drums and Imposcar on bass.

JimGoesDancingInSpaceWithMystahrAndTim

I still LOVE this synth :love:

Jim

Coool song.

Where are more songs made with M42?
Maybe with cool space-drumms?
----
Regards,
Matti

Return to “AlgoMusic”