X-WoF Pro and Multiple Midi outs?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does X-WoF Pro have multiple midi outs?

I want to be able to put each instrument/voice on a separate midi track for processing. Is that possible, and if so how?

8)

db wrote:Does X-WoF Pro have multiple midi outs?

I want to be able to put each instrument/voice on a separate midi track for processing. Is that possible, and if so how?

8)
There is one MIDI-out providing 4 different (selectable) MIDI-Channels.
Carlos Needham and I have used this to drive different external synths and that was working fine.
On the other hand You may record the MIDI data into one track, save as or export to MIDI-file format 0 and load it into the sequencer using split by channel into different tracks. Then You may work on the MIDI data within each track as you like.

cheers
Fortune

Fortune wrote:

8)

Carlos Needham and I have used this to drive different external synths and that was working fine.

On the other hand You may record the MIDI data into one track, save as or export to MIDI-file format 0 and load it into the sequencer using split by channel into different tracks. Then You may work on the MIDI data within each track as you like.
Thanks, Fortune.

I totally forgot about 'split by channel'.
:oops:

That's the trouble with Cubase SX2-so many features that you forget some of them are even there! :-)

I'll give your suggestions a go tonight.

Update: 9:30 PM - Found it! :D
It was in Midi/Dissolve Part/Separate Channels. Thanks for the help! :-)

BTW-do you have a method for assigning bass, solo pad,voc, and perc to a constant midi channel? Say bass to Channel 9, perc to 10,etc?

Cheers 8)

db wrote:
Fortune wrote:

8)

Thanks, Fortune.

I totally forgot about 'split by channel'.
:oops:

That's the trouble with Cubase SX2-so many features that you forget some of them are even there! :-)

I'll give your suggestions a go tonight.

Update: 9:30 PM - Found it! :D
It was in Midi/Dissolve Part/Separate Channels. Thanks for the help! :-)

BTW-do you have a method for assigning bass, solo pad,voc, and perc to a constant midi channel? Say bass to Channel 9, perc to 10,etc?

Cheers 8)
Yes - Setup -> press button Adv(vanced Setup)
Setting is stored patchwise.

cheers
Fortune

Fortune wrote: Yes - Setup -> press button Adv(vanced Setup)
Found it, thanks again. :)

Looks like you can make your own Soundfont banks to play as well? Great stuff!

Now all I need is more time! :lol:

Cheers

db wrote:
Fortune wrote: Yes - Setup -> press button Adv(vanced Setup)
Found it, thanks again. :)

Looks like you can make your own Soundfont banks to play as well? Great stuff!

Now all I need is more time! :lol:

Cheers
-> Soundfonts: please refer to the manual, there is a special section on usage of soundfonts at the end of the manual.

cheers
Fortune

Return to “AlgoMusic”