Receptor Remote Control and MacOS Catalina

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
Peter1960
KVRist
86 posts since 19 Jan, 2006

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 pm

In advance of the release of MacOS Catalina this month, I have checked which of my current applications will work if I install it - MacOS Catalina will only support 64 bit apps. Unfortunately, my Receptor Remote Control app appears to be 32 bit and will therefore no longer work.

I use this app a lot - I never use the screen on my Receptor to view patches etc as it is too small, so I have always launched Receptor Remote Control and viewed the GUI on my Mac's screen. However, it appears I will no longer be able to do this if I install MacOS Catalina.

Obviously Muse Research are not around to upgrade the app to a 64 bit version, so does anyone know how I might be able to overcome this issue ? Is it feasible to install OS Mojave on a partition drive ? Or is there some other way that I can view the Receptor GUI on my Mac if I do not actually use the Remote Control app ?

Thank for your help

Peter

Fishoow
KVRist
223 posts since 6 May, 2014 from New Mexico

Re: Receptor Remote Control and MacOS Catalina

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:45 am

RealVNC. I’ve used this over the remote control app from the beginning for viewing the Rack/Mixer modes.
https://www.realvnc.com/en/
I’ve even placed my iPad on a stand as a monitor and have been able to change things during rehearsals.

As for accessing the disk file system, I’m not sure of the workaround. I recently cloned my disk through my Receptor and an updated, free facsimile of Ghost. Now that I have a clone I will be playing with digging into the Linux system directly (I have a friend who is top notch at Linux). The disk access through the remote control app never gave you full access.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Peter1960
KVRist
86 posts since 19 Jan, 2006

Re: Receptor Remote Control and MacOS Catalina

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks foow.

I have installed iTeleport which works OK on my iPad, although I am not sure if this will work with MacOS Catalina; if not I will have to look for another solution !

Thanks for your help anyway

Peter

Return to “Muse Research and Development”