Info for new Receptor owners

RELATED
PRODUCTS

So just FYI

I managed to get everything working so I can now make an external USB clone drive and/or incrementally backup to it without opening the receptor.
I can also revert my internal to a snapshot of last backup without physically swapping drives out. The incremental backups are pretty quick, as was the revert to last backup, less than 5 minutes a piece.
Both of the drives with their 3 partitions mount to the desktop with a single click each, and the archive session will backup all 3 partitions of each drive with a just a single click. I can also preview the backup (not actually transfer any data) if I want to see what will change before I commit to it.

Also, because all the configuring and editing was done on the linux thumbdrive, it's works exactly the same way with my OTHER receptor; just boot from the thumbdrive and go (should work any receptor for that matter, i think)

Now I can really go to town installing unsupported vsts (which is kind of EVERY VST now that Muse is no longer building .rpk installer helpers) without fear of bricking my receptor or, at minimum, a 2 hour wait while I restore the internal from my backup drive.

It took a fair amount of noodling and a vague familiarity with linux and OS architecture, but it's doable. I'm a nerd but not a rocket scientist.

Thanks for the help fellow KVR peeps! :hyper:

Return to “Muse Research and Development”