Can't browse Rev Cs hard drive

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
manji24
KVRer
9 posts since 18 Aug, 2018

Post Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am

I've got my rev c up and working good, but Im having a hard time connecting it to the computer. I can get the muse remote software to show me the receptors screen and control it fine, but when I click Show Hard Drive, nothing happens.

I'm on windows 10. I have it set up with a crossover wire, but for it to work I have to set the receptors tcp/ip manually. If I set it to crossover or automatic ip, I can't get it to connect nor can I ping it. And I had zero success setting it up through the lan, I can't get it to show up at all that way. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

nathankingcole
KVRist
223 posts since 15 May, 2006

Re: Can't browse Rev Cs hard drive

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 am

Check your antivirus software. Try disconnecting from any internet connection, disable the windows firewall and any other antivirus software, start the remote software and open the drive (hopefully...)

manji24
KVRer

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, that didn't seem to work.

manji24
KVRer

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:49 am

I figured it out. My receptors name was "Receptor", which is warned against in this article -

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... c-windows/

I also had to turn on netBios in Windows 10 according to this article -

http://ecross.mvps.org/howto/enable-net ... indows.htm

After that hooking it up through Manual IP and into my router worked, I can browse the hard drive. I'm on OS 1.7.

I've now got what I promise to be my last question but I'll just ask it here so I don't start like 5 topics -

I can get anything that is just a .dll file to load through unsupported plugins. However, I can't get anything that has common files or a resources folder or anything like that to load. I know Muse is dead and this may just be the way that it is, but I was wondering if anyone has found another way to install plugins? Thanks in advance

Return to “Muse Research and Development”