The Multi-Presets and Sound Design

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys

Just very curious now. Some of you have the new units. I would be very interested on what you guys think of the included banks of Multi-presets. These are by Scott , Keith of Back in time records, and myself. I also did a bank of 32 guitar only multi-presets. I use those all the time in my own work. Right now I am designing a new set, but would like feedback on what is there. Scott and Kieth did some amazing presets as well.

For my 128 set I used Crystal quite a bit as a rompler, as well as Free Alpha and the many SE stuff as well as the MDA and Free piano modules. It was great to do layers and pick different combinations. Very stereo as well. Some times I created my own patch from within the plugin itself, such as Triagle II. Actually all my Crystal patches were tweaked as well. I also put in the AUX and Guitar channels wth some basic effects so you can have another module plugged in as well as your guitar and still be able to play the synths within Receptor. Since I need this for my own setup( a MP7 going into Receptor..and able to control the mixer on the muse software with it's 16 knobs in real time!!!!)
anyway...hope to hear some feedback

TC

Hi Tim,

yeah, I seen that you made some Multi.
I try them, and they sound really good. There is many SYN multi... Not enough Acoustic, Classic instruments like Piano, String, Brass... I think I need a ROMpler for this sounds :)

Perhaps when I will able to install Ravity :roll:

About your Multi, some multi with Crystal sound very weird ... (one with something like a larsen... I don't remember the name... I will look tomorow :) )

I will try the guitar Multi tomorro, here it's late ... and I'm too tired :)

Thanks for your work

Bye
Spid

SpIdErWeB wrote:Hi Tim,

yeah, I seen that you made some Multi.
I try them, and they sound really good. There is many SYN multi... Not enough Acoustic, Classic instruments like Piano, String, Brass... I think I need a ROMpler for this sounds :)

Perhaps when I will able to install Ravity :roll:

About your Multi, some multi with Crystal sound very weird ... (one with something like a larsen... I don't remember the name... I will look tomorow :) )

I will try the guitar Multi tomorro, here it's late ... and I'm too tired :)

Thanks for your work

Bye
Spid
Thanks for the comments. The ones that have KBD are keyboard style ones. The ORCH ones are my attempts at some acoustic samples. I was using Crystal as a sort of Rompler. At the time of sound design we did not have a set of samples we could have used . ( there might be now)But check out the ORCH patches. Also the MULTI patches are to be used with your sequencer, as they are Multi-timbral layouts.

I also designed some "strange" sounds..so yes..you will hear some of those, as I am not known for my bread and butter :-)

TC

i had a kickass factory preset running yesterday and now i can't find it. i don't know if it was a single or a multi. maybe you can help.

it was based on the 4front electric bass and had three insert effects. one was for loudness and another for verb. i can't recall the third insert.

does that ring a bell?

i play keys and cover the bass parts with my left hand. that patch would be perfect for most cases.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”