Using Performance Multi's containing Kompakt

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
SoftJunkie
KVRist
209 posts since 25 Jun, 2004 from New England

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:17 pm

I am hoping to set up a Multi "Template" containing all of the VSTi's needed for a nights performance and then copy these as other Multi's (per song) differing only in mix settings (aka, a Performance Multi's). I will keep CPU performance down by selecting only 3 or 4 VSTi's per song. This allows for quick switching between Multi's.

I've tried this and it works quite well. The only problem is with Kompakt. Even though all Multi's contain Kompakt loaded with the Piano sample, it insists on reloading the samples every time I switch Multi's.

Can something be done about this?

DanTimis
MUSEician
682 posts since 20 Aug, 2004 from California

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:39 pm

SoftJunkie wrote:I am hoping to set up a Multi "Template" containing all of the VSTi's needed for a nights performance and then copy these as other Multi's (per song) differing only in mix settings (aka, a Performance Multi's). I will keep CPU performance down by selecting only 3 or 4 VSTi's per song. This allows for quick switching between Multi's.

I've tried this and it works quite well. The only problem is with Kompakt. Even though all Multi's contain Kompakt loaded with the Piano sample, it insists on reloading the samples every time I switch Multi's.

Can something be done about this?
Yes, I know. :(

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to circumvent this problem right now. We will look into it, and hopefully we will have a fix soon.

Dan
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

SoftJunkie
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:47 pm

Is this unique to Kompakt?

SoftJunkie
KVRist

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:51 pm

Here is a suggestion for optimizing Multi changes...

Basically, each Multi will store a CRC of each Singles data and if the CRCs match on Multi changes, skip sending the data to the plug.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”