Is Receptor Manual PDF Only?

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
BenOne
KVRer
21 posts since 25 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:08 am

Hi everyone,

My Receptor arrived yesterday from Sweetwater and I was a bit surprised as it did not include a printed version of the Receptor manual, only a small envelope with a Getting Started guide and some other documentation. Was the manual missing or is that the case for all Receptors?

I am not being critical of Muse Research: if the manual was intentionally left out of the box, I'm guessing they wanted to keep the cost of the Receptor as low as possible and/or the present version of the manual was completed too close to the date of shipment.

In fact, I think that the documentation is really clear and helpful. While I am planning to print out all its 194 pages, I was wondering if other users think that Muse should sell a printed copy of the manual on Plugorama, for a small cost, similar to what Steinberg does for its Cubase operation manual.

Even if Muse charged $20.00 for the manual, it would be comparable to the cost of ink and paper from my inkjet printer!

Ben

Rick@MuseResearch
MUSEician
350 posts since 23 Mar, 2004

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:16 am

Yes the manual is currenlty only available in PDF form. I understand how you feel, I like a printed version of manuals myshelf. However the addtional cost would have been an issue for now.
BenOne wrote:Hi everyone,

My Receptor arrived yesterday from Sweetwater and I was a bit surprised as it did not include a printed version of the Receptor manual, only a small envelope with a Getting Started guide and some other documentation. Was the manual missing or is that the case for all Receptors?

I am not being critical of Muse Research: if the manual was intentionally left out of the box, I'm guessing they wanted to keep the cost of the Receptor as low as possible and/or the present version of the manual was completed too close to the date of shipment.

In fact, I think that the documentation is really clear and helpful. While I am planning to print out all its 194 pages, I was wondering if other users think that Muse should sell a printed copy of the manual on Plugorama, for a small cost, similar to what Steinberg does for its Cubase operation manual.

Even if Muse charged $20.00 for the manual, it would be comparable to the cost of ink and paper from my inkjet printer!

Ben
Rick
Muse Research

BenOne
KVRer
21 posts since 25 Aug, 2004

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:20 am

MaxReverb wrote:Yes the manual is currenlty only available in PDF form. I understand how you feel, I like a printed version of manuals myshelf. However the addtional cost would have been an issue for now.
Fair enough--again, I want to emphasize that I like the documentation quite a bit!

Ben

Kermit Jagger
KVRian
571 posts since 14 Oct, 2004 from UK

Post Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:51 am

Re the issue of manuals, many manufacturers have now stopped shipping hard copies.

For me, this is a real bummer as I hate reading PDF on screen. AND, if you're live with your Receptor somewhere, you may not have a laptop handy with a copy of the manual !

So, what I would like to see manufacturers do is what a few companies do, i.e. offer the option to purchase the manual as a hard copy as an extra.

See for example what Camel Audio do for Cameleon via the website CafePress.com.

That way, people who are happy paying less and reading the PDF won't moan, and those of us who still like the old-fashioned manual can have one for less money than it would cost to have one printed and bound by your local copy shop.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”