Can you update the hardware like CPU and so on?

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
wizard_of_keys
KVRer
17 posts since 26 Sep, 2004

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:09 pm

Hi,

just thought - okay: 2800 Mhz is quite fine right now... but maybe in one or two years this isn't the CPU top-standard anymore... what can I do about it ?

thanx !

Scotty
KVRAF
1725 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:50 pm

Depends on your motherboard. If it can support the latest processors you can upgrade easily. If not, you can strip out the hard drives and opticals , salvage your powersupply if it up to spec and buy a new motherboard, cpu and memory. Other option is to salvage the computer build a new box and now you have two.

Robert Randolph
KVRAF
2172 posts since 25 May, 2003 from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:01 pm

Scotty wrote:Depends on your motherboard. If it can support the latest processors you can upgrade easily. If not, you can strip out the hard drives and opticals , salvage your powersupply if it up to spec and buy a new motherboard, cpu and memory. Other option is to salvage the computer build a new box and now you have two.
this is the receptor forum... I dont think that answer is valid...

I beleive in an earlier thread they said it is indeed possible but they prefer you send it to them to be updated.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

Scotty
KVRAF
1725 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:12 pm

Sorry missed the topic heading. My bad. :?

wizard_of_keys
KVRer
17 posts since 26 Sep, 2004

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:46 pm

sorry... didn't see that...
that question just came to my mind... don't want a module that isn't up-to-date in 3 years anymore...

so it might be possible one day that we can send it to MUSE RESEARCH and they'll update it... (what about the costs ?! :hihi:

thanx !
Rob

Rick@MuseResearch
MUSEician
350 posts since 23 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:55 pm

Currently there is not an update but we are aware that this will be an issue for customers.
wizard_of_keys wrote:Hi,

just thought - okay: 2800 Mhz is quite fine right now... but maybe in one or two years this isn't the CPU top-standard anymore... what can I do about it ?

thanx !
Rick
Muse Research

SpIdErWeB
KVRist
112 posts since 24 Jun, 2004 from Austin, TX / France / Germany / Luxembourg

Post Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:59 am

Already tried, but even the good switch to FSB200, and dedicated RAM, it's don't work correctly with Athlon XP3200+

I tried with many CPU, and many RAM different... nothing work in FSB200

I don't try to flash the bios of mobo

Bye
Spid

Return to “Muse Research and Development”