Sending MIDI clock

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Musers

I was having a jam with a friend today and showed him Receptor. However, came across a Question which needs answering to enable us to sync up during our jams:

Does Receptor SEND MIDI Clock?

It looks like from the Setup panel it can be synced to external clock, but does Receptor send MIDI clock on it's own?

TC

You can choose between Internal and external, I think - so, I'd say yes :? I'll check it when I'm near my baby again :hihi:

Actually, Receptor does not send MIDI clock, but that could be a future feature.

In External mode Receptor reads MIDI clock coming in and translates that to tempo information in VST format that is sent to all plug-ins.

In Internal mode, Receptor generates MIDI tempo in VST format that is sent to all plug-ins.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

DanTimis wrote:Actually, Receptor does not send MIDI clock, but that could be a future feature.

In External mode Receptor reads MIDI clock coming in and translates that to tempo information in VST format that is sent to all plug-ins.

In Internal mode, Receptor generates MIDI tempo in VST format that is sent to all plug-ins.
so a solution would be to have my frinds computer be the master clock with Receptor being the slave. However, I guess I need to get a MIDI merger to be able to have two seperate inputs going into receptor( MIDI Controller and the MIDI cord from my friends computer.)

However, looking forward to an OS fix sometime :-)

TC

tconrardy wrote: However, I guess I need to get a MIDI merger to be able to have two seperate inputs going into receptor( MIDI Controller and the MIDI cord from my friends computer.)

However, looking forward to an OS fix sometime :-)

TC
I can confirm that RECEPTOR works fine with MIDITEMP-hardware so far... :!:

Return to “Muse Research and Development”