Homw many instances of a synth can RUN?

Discussion and Support for Receptor and MuseBox, the Hardware Plug-in players by Muse Research.
boriscy
KVRer
4 posts since 23 Sep, 2004

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:59 am

I would like to know how many instances of a softsynth this device can run, for example z3ta that really uses a lot of CPU but I would like to be able to run many instances. Does the quantity of plugins you can use on receptor is CPU dependand?, Homw many instances fo z3ta can it run?

C00kie
KVRAF
6939 posts since 4 Jun, 2004 from Utrecht, Holland

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:29 am

Sorry, you won't get a direct answer. Look at this thread, especially the last post: http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53850

Robert Karasek
KVRist
308 posts since 1 Oct, 2004 from Germany

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:27 pm

Hi !

The only thing I can say is:
you can load a lot of different plug-ins(without any problems) and the result is really amazing!

It only happened once to my RECEPTOR that it hang up... but in this case I haven't been fair (all channels loaded with different plug-ins and playing 16th-notes :shock:

There's no doubt for me that RECEPTOR is the better choice compared to notebooks...

carrieres
KVRAF
1585 posts since 10 Apr, 2002 from Poissy, France

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:17 pm

hi,
i have a DAW with an AMD2500+ z3ta+, i will try to help you,
one z3ta+ playing the preset 21 super stack from the default 1.4 bank stuck my cpu at 35% when playing a C MAJ chord 3 voices with poly fixed at 8 and render at normal if i play a other chord the voices are 6 and the cpu is 70% and the sound begin to crakle
but this preset uses all 6 osc in multi mode, it means it's like playing a 48 osc synth !!!!
add a reverb and a chorus
without effect in normal render mode 25% and 50% (6 voices) no crackles
with effect in draft render mode 20% and 35% (6 voices) no crackles
another preset 003 additive swell one only osc
i changed the release to keep the chord playing and i played chords rapidly to sum every chord so i have used 21 voices at 58% very few crackles in normal render mode and poly at 32
this preset uses a reverb, a delay and a chorus
my host is Orion platinum 5.5 with yahoo messenger and internet explorer running under Win XP
chao
chris

Return to “Muse Research and Development”