Wireless USB adapter?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tomorrow I will have in my hands my own Receptor...I'am anxious to use but I have a question about the Ethernet connection...

May I use with Receptor an USB Wireless Network adapter? If so, how to install it? You know, drivers...configuration....I ask that because the OS is Linux...I know I can use an Access Point connected to the Ethernet port, but I would like to know if the other alternative is available.

At this time Receptor does not support USB network adapters. You may be able to use a wireless router connected to Receptor via Ethernet.

In time we will add support for more and more USB devices. Right now our emphasis is on USB external hard drives. What is the device you are trying to use? We will add it to the list of USB devices we will support in the future.

I don't know if this is any consolation, but sometimes I connect my laptop to Receptor with a crossover Ethernet cable. My laptop has a wireless card and it is connected to the Internet. I can download files from plugorama.com and copy them to Receptor.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”