Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

===mod edit===

Check out the KVR search query for Unsupported plugins for a list of those reported to work so far:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php

Instruments | Effects | Hosts « [VST (Receptor - Unsupported but known to work)]

===mod edit===

Just made a list of my unsupported plugin folder on my receptor which gives you an idea of what you can saftly install on your own. Lots of trial and error here. Some are commercial and some or freeware. I tried to put the manufacturer by the plugin if I remembered it. :-) You can always use the extensive plugin search engine here at KvR to locate these plugins. I hope someone can use this list!

TC

============================================

Receptor Unsupported Plugins that work!

02 SR-202 V 1.1 ( CM )
Addo (Kraklie)
Arpecyza! 1.0
Arptronv2.0 (Pychic Modulation)
Arpy ( AlgoMusic)
Astrobelt (NuSofting)
Augar
Boogaloo3 (EVM)
BoogalooPro (EVM)
Dream Sequencer
effem (Kraklie)
Effex (Kraklie) effect version of Effem)
EJ2 ( Maxx Clastor) plays presets only
Ensembler ( ConcreteFX)
EZPoly(Kraklie)
Field
Fortune ( original WOF)
harptime ( NuSofting)
Incubas (EVM)
InpulseFour
Invader
Isis
JX220
JXSynth 1.2
KarmaKiller
klaus
LPLL2
M42 Nebula (AlgoMusic)
Meteorite v1.5 (Pychic Modulation)
Mnemonic(EVM)
Moebius (EVM)
Motion (UGO)
MrRay_VST_Electric_Piano_2.0
Occam-1 (EVM)
Omnicrom (EVM)
osiris6
OxeFMSynth
Particle
PhadiZ(AlgoMusic)
Photon v1.1 (Pychic Modulation)
Placebo (EVM)
PolyIbit
prolog-r (EVM)
Protowave2 (EVM)
Qbreath
QChanter
Qcussion
Qeuro
Republic
Rez 1.3 (UGO)
Rhino2 (BigTick)
RMX04-1
StratoBlaster (AlgoMusic)
String Theory (UGO)
stringsynth ( Algomusic)
SuperCamelFat ( CamelAudio)
Supersid( AlgoMusic)
SuperwaveP8
Symtohm Mellohman ( Ohm Force)
Texture (UGO)
ukas ( UK Music)
Ultrasonique ( EVM)
UnknownSynth ( ODO)
VivaldiFM
Vsc3 ( Richard Brooks)
VurtBox ( Kraklie)
waterfall
WnAddittive ( White Noise)

YOU'RE THE MAN !!!! :love:

I tried the JX220, JXSynth and Superwave P8 as well last night... have to recommend them....

still working on optimizing RECEPTOR for live situation... :lol:

C ya

Robert Karasek wrote:YOU'RE THE MAN !!!! :love:

I tried the JX220, JXSynth and Superwave P8 as well last night... have to recommend them....

still working on optimizing RECEPTOR for live situation... :lol:

C ya

Thanks!

The way I have been working with receptor is to load up what plugs I want ..I can load all 16 channels if i want, assign them all to MIDI channel 1, and simply unmute the ones I want to use. Its basically clicking at the bottom of the mix screen for each channel. Don't know how to do it without the monitor however.

or..you can create multi-presets for the plugs you want and use program change from your MIDI keyboard to go between them. My multi-presets can be used for this as well.

anybody else find this list useful?

TC

tconrardy wrote:anybody else find this list useful?
Yes, please keep posting your results. I am on the fence about the Receptor and what unsupported ones work or not, or will later be supported, is a big factor in my thinking.

You mention some are trial and error, it may be helpful to people what the results of trial and error were, i.e. "pluginx- make sure the dll name is all capital letter" or what have you.

Thanks for your efforts (everyone who is trailblazing and reporting).
Regards, Mike

mn wrote:
tconrardy wrote:anybody else find this list useful?
Yes, please keep posting your results. I am on the fence about the Receptor and what unsupported ones work or not, or will later be supported, is a big factor in my thinking.

You mention some are trial and error, it may be helpful to people what the results of trial and error were, i.e. "pluginx- make sure the dll name is all capital letter" or what have you.

Thanks for your efforts (everyone who is trailblazing and reporting).
well..I did report my trial and error on the original thread..there were some that did not work, such as the X-WOF algorithmic stuff and also some Nueronpack stuff ( Pychic Modulation)like his drum machine and the wave player. His other ones worked however like the arpegiator . They are all SE, so its a mystery as so many other SE stuf works.

EDIT: However there were some that failed installation, but tried again..and it worked! ( like some of the Kraklie stuff) so you never know.

I am taking a break from installing stuff right now..so if anyone wants to brave some new worlds..please post :-)As you can see from the list..thats a lot of stuff working and plenty to work with.

TC

I've aded a new search option to the KVR plug-in search.

You can now choose Receptor compatibility as a part of your search query:

Ignore (Default)
Supported - Compatible (With a link to Plugorama)
Unsupported - Known to work
Unsupported - Known not to work
Unsupported - Compatibility Unknown

All officially compatible plug-ins are flagged as supported, all that are untested are flagged as Compatibility Unknown, any that Receptor users inform us work through the unsupported method I will flag as Unsupported - Known to Work, and obviously any that we are informed definitely do not work I will flag as Known not to work.

It would be great to share this information through this thread, which I'll monitor. Any Receptor users that have had any experiences with the unsupported plug-ins let us know here and I'll update the compatibility information in the database.

All plug-ins in Tim's list (well the ones that are in the db already) I've marked as Known to work.

Ben | KvR wrote:I've aded a new search option to the KVR plug-in search.
Great idea, and thanks. I was manually trying to build a spreadsheet from forum posts to get a handle on different plug's status.

I'll check the search out at home later. Our work firewall :uhuhuh:s that php page for some reason, although it allows others like the site search. :roll: Trust me, it's not worth trying to deal with on this end.

<edited to remove stray misleading emoticon>
Last edited by mn on Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Mike

have you thought of doing a more extensive survey of other plugins (freeware and shareware) to see which work. I don't have access to the kit you use and looked down your list in the hope that you might have 'string thing', 'spook keys', 'clavia lab' and 'the shepherd' in your arsenal as this would mean that you could test something that I can't. Then it occured to me how useful your list is to anyone with that kit and how useful it would be if you could do a more xtensive survey.

I appreciate this would be time consuming.

Anyway, I hink it is good of you to share this information and I hope others will find it useful. You deserve praise for sharing. :)
Have a better one - Saul Cross :-)

Kiesel Software Helga works!!

The following ones can not be installed:

Steinberg xPhraze
Steinberg Plex
Steinberg D'cota
Steinbeg Halion 2 (the 3.x has a dongle)
Steinberg The Grand
Steinberg Waldorf Plugins
Trevor Magnusson CloneEnsemble
SpinAudio 3DChorus
SpinAudio 3DDelays
SpinAudio 3DMotionEffects
SpinAudio 3DPstudio
SpinAudio FXDesigner
SpinAudio RoomVerb
SpinAudio RoomVerbM2
SpinAudio SpinDelay
Ultrafunk Sonitus Plugins
Last edited by Grundman on Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The following ones have strange behaviour: can be installed but can not be played because the keyboard does not allow to enter the serial number of the plugin:

VirSyn Cube
VirSyn TERA

rgc Audio Pentagon I works!!

Be careful, first time to run, it will reset Receptor. Later work.

rgc Audio Square I can be installed but not played because ask for "AUTHORIZATION" at plugorama ¿? But is not listed there.

what about steinberg hypersonic? has anyone tried it?

Hypersonic needs to install the syncrosoft licensee driver for the dongle. Due Receptor uses iLok scheme I guess it will never work.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”