question regarding receptor and kompakt

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am interested in getting a receptor on behalf of my day job, and I was wondering about its use with the kompakt plugin. How does one load in samples using the receptor? is it possible to load them in directly without a computer?

Yes. You have two ways to do it. Firs one: you need to copy the samples to Receptor. Second one: use an external USB 2.0 hard disk with the samples installed.

That's all and simple.

Thanks a lot for your help. You have no idea how much simpler you have just made my life :)

i can understand how KomPakt can call up samples for playback without a PC, but how do you navigate Receptor to load the samples from a USB 2.0 drive without a PC? which front panel menus give you that capability?

I'm guessing you'd have to prepare presets ahead of time which used the drive. Or you can hook a monitor up to Receptor and browse.

When you plug in a USB drive, it shows up as c:\usbdrive or something like that (I don't remember the exact name).

In Kompak you click on the "BROWSE" button and you can navigate to where the samples are and load them. You can save as a Receptor patch and later you can load the whole thing from the front panel. You would have to have the USB drive connected when you recall the patch.

Or you copy the samples from a Mac or PC to Receptor's Samples folder and then you don't have to always have the external USB drive.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”