Install instructions for Zyn-fusion

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I installed Zyn-fusion by cloning the mruby-zest-build git, copying those files into the folder with the demo install files and running install-linux.sh. The interface starts but it crashes when I try to save instruments.

I was just wondering if I installed it in the correct way or if there were instructions somewhere on the proper way to install.

Many thanks

It doesn't sound like you've actually compiled the code in mruby-zest-build. You'd want to compile the code there to obtain a new version of the interface (i.e. a new libzest.so). This can be done via "make setup && make builddep && make" followed by an optional "make run" for testing. Moving the libzest.so directly to /opt/zyn-fusion/libzest.so should be enough to update your version.

If you want more of the full packaging details you may also want to see https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-build .
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

thanks for the response. make setup and make builddep run fine but make given the following error

Code: Select all

ruby ./rebuild-fcache.rb
./rebuild-fcache.rb:2:in `require_relative': cannot load such file -- /home/ollie/zyngit/mruby-zest-build/src/mruby-qml-parse/mrblib/main.rb (LoadError)
	from ./rebuild-fcache.rb:2:in `<main>'
make: *** [Makefile:7: all] Error 1

I tried the build script but it failed with the error:

-- Installing: /usr/lib/lv2/ZynAddSubFX.lv2presets
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:70 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot make directory "/usr/lib/lv2/ZynAddSubFX.lv2presets":
  Too many levels of symbolic links

make: *** [Makefile:129: install] Error 1
ERROR: 'sudo make install' failed

Deanodirector wrote:thanks for the response. make setup and make builddep run fine but make given the following error

ruby ./rebuild-fcache.rb
./rebuild-fcache.rb:2:in `require_relative': cannot load such file -- /home/ollie/zyngit/mruby-zest-build/src/mruby-qml-parse/mrblib/main.rb (LoadError)
	from ./rebuild-fcache.rb:2:in `<main>'
make: *** [Makefile:7: all] Error 1
That looks like you don't have the git submodules checked out. This is done with "git submodule init" and "git submodule update"

the git submodule commands did the trick! Then installing the demo and copying the new libzest worked too, thanks!

I guess I won't need the build scripts now but aside from the too many levels of symbolic links errors, I noticed in build-linux.rb lines 84 and 109 contain "chown mark". Is that supposed to be replaced with a particular user?

nope, still has the demo timeout....

The GUI should now have no demo timer, but to get rid of the core/secondary demo timer you need to recompile 'zynaddsubfx' itself. This is part of what the zyn-fusion-build scripts do. No idea what exactly is causing the symbolic link issue there though. As long as you update the git copy of zyn-fusion-build, the chown should be disabled.

thanks for the response.

I deleted everything regarding Zyn, including a rogue symlink I found. The build process finished, with a few errors regarding invalid user mark. Zynaddsubfx starts but immediately stops with the error

zynaddsubfx: Failed to launch Zyn-Fusion: No such file or directory

I tried the build script in release mode only and with my username instead of mark and while it again build fine, Zyn would not start and gave the same error as above

it doesn't sound like you updated the zyn-fusion-build repo with fixes which were done over the past day or so. Additionally it doesn't sound like you actually ended up installing the release tarball built by the scripts.

Aha, I assumed the script would have installed everything. Installed the tarball and it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”