Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jackoo wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:25 pm I found a fix for Reaper.
Great !!! I will definitely try that! :)
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

Talking about Reaper, there was always a nasty bug: Zyn would not unload correctly in Reaper's bridge host leaving a zombie process (that could be killed only with a task manager).

I hope I've figured that out too and fixed it now. Also includes that automation feedback bug fix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6mt6yjfrusxy ... a.zip?dl=1

But it's not fully tested...

Iu Gob wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:31 pm I had problems updating Reaper and verified that the problem was that reaper_host32.exe was in the background with Reaper closed. After using ZynAddSubFX VST and closing Reaper x64 the bridge x86 remains in the background. Every time Reaper opens and closes. This problem in Reaper is only with Zyn. Please see picture...
Thanks to Jackoo for his great work. Thanks to him I can enjoy this powerful synth.
Regards
Could you please check that this is fixed in the compile I did in the post above?

jackoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 am Zyn would not unload correctly in Reaper's bridge host leaving a zombie process (that could be killed only with a task manager).
Never happened to me. Strange. If it had happened, I probably would have noticed it, wouldn't I?

per99 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:44 am
jackoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:44 am Zyn would not unload correctly in Reaper's bridge host leaving a zombie process (that could be killed only with a task manager).
Never happened to me. Strange. If it had happened, I probably would have noticed it, wouldn't I?
Replicated with the 64bit version of Reaper. Normally you don't see it, if you don't check your task manager. Very easy to test. Open Reaper, load Zyn, notice zyn is hosted in a separate process (bridged) - something like host***32.exe
If you close Reaper then in the older verisons host***23.exe would not close, but remained a zombie process. The only way to close it was to force an "end task" in task manager. This should be, hopefully, fixed now.

I don't know about the 32bit version of Reaper...

Now I understand. You get more and more of them, every time you exit and reopen the project. They don't seem to do much harm, though. 0 % cpu usage.

Yes, but they keep the file resources locked.
For instance you can't do a Reaper update... and well it's just not nice...
The root cause was that Reaper host is killing my GUI thread before I'm doing the cleanup where I receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. So I'm waiting for a reply from a thread which has been killed prematurely and never comes => infinite loop => zombie process.

I hope I haven't broken anything else with the fix...

Well, the latest betaversion closes down that 32-process, and nothing dramatically happened when I just opened and closed a project. And zyn did produce sound. But maybe you cannot call that a full-scale test.

jackoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:47 am
Iu Gob wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:31 pm I had problems updating Reaper and verified that the problem was that reaper_host32.exe was in the background with Reaper closed. After using ZynAddSubFX VST and closing Reaper x64 the bridge x86 remains in the background. Every time Reaper opens and closes. This problem in Reaper is only with Zyn. Please see picture...
Thanks to Jackoo for his great work. Thanks to him I can enjoy this powerful synth.
Regards
Could you please check that this is fixed in the compile I did in the post above?
Sorry but the same issue continues in Zyn 2.4.1.519 beta. Here the result of four times open and closed Reaper.
Regards
Reaper host32.exe.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Hi, in my post I was referring to unreleased 521beta. Sorry for the confusion. Could you kindly test this version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6mt6yjfrusxy ... a.zip?dl=1

Sure but I can't download the file. The page does not load properly.
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Iu Gob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:32 am Sure but I can't download the file. The page does not load properly.
I downloaded it, a second time, an hour ago.

Iu Gob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:32 am Sure but I can't download the file. The page does not load properly.
I'm sorry, maybe I try to upload to another location.. :(

I have re

Added the release candidate to the server:
http://zynaddsubfx.pastnotecut.org/trial_521beta.zip

Per, if you've solved your Reaper routing, let us know how;
I had the same question as you. Better ask some Reaper experts :)

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”