Release duration question

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and the wonderful world of zynfusion. Been watching a ton of videos by unfa, awesome content!

Anyhow, I am trying my best to really understand how some of these things work, and so I'm starting with a really basic test. I use zyn with one voice and a simple sine wave. I then enable and play around with the amplitude envelope to see how it works.

A.DT, D.DT, S.VAL -- all these are making sense. However, R.DT (release duration) appears to have no effect for me. When I release a key, the sound stops instantly -- regardless of my setting. However, other preset instruments do appear to have some release (i.e. they play some sound for a time after releasing the key).

Am I misunderstanding how this should work, missing a setting, or something else entirely?

Try starting with a new instrument and then modifying the add synth global volume ADSR's release.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Aha, the global envelope :) I saw the 'bypass global...(filter)' button on the voice tab and assumed too much. I was hoping to really target the changes specifically to voice 1 to help in understanding, so adding this additional envelope made things a little harder to understand. I see how it works now though, thank you!

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”