Back To School? Explore DSP & MIDI DIY with Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.2!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
ilyaorlov
KVRist
158 posts since 28 May, 2011

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:08 am

I've met a cruel bug that I'm suprised didn't show up earlier: exported VST3 plugins crash if script is using inputStrings.
It's both x64 and x86 (tested on Windows), both AngelScript and native, and seems like the previous (3.1) version was also affected.
It's only in VST3 (VST2 is fine) and only for inputStrings (outputStrings are fine).
Maybe it's only on my machine (Windows 7 64bit)? Could you please check it?

ilyaorlov
KVRist

Re: Back To School? Explore DSP & MIDI DIY with Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.2!

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:39 am

And a question I've been wondering for a long time.
Why in mappings.inc we have this:

Code: Select all

<PARAM_LINK from="$script_input$index$$" to="custom_param$index$" normalized="true" enabled="true" capture_enabled="false"/>
<PARAM_LINK from="custom_param$index$" to="$script_input$index$$" enabled="false" id="link$index$" normalized="true"/>
<PARAM_LINK from="custom_param$index$.capturing" to="link$index$.enabled"/>
Specifically:
1) what does capture_enabled="false" for PARAM_LINK means, and
2) why reverse link is enabled only when .capturing? It prevents us from modifying input params from script? What is the purpose?

ilyaorlov
KVRist

Re: Back To School? Explore DSP & MIDI DIY with Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.2!

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:15 am

I'm sorry for so many posts :)

Every time I export a plugin in PnS I then run PatchWork and open it to test what has been just exported. I wonder, can we make a button for that in KUIML? After building a plugin to click a button that runs an Action to open PatchWork standalone (32 ot 64 bit) and as a param use the path to the builded .dll or .vst3

The question is basically can PatchWork standalone open plugin (.dll or .vst3) via console param? smth like "
Blue Cat's PatchWork.exe -o c:/vst/my/plugin.dll"

It think you get the idea.

And I would appreciate a lot a bugfix for exported VST3/inputStrings thing. Yet it prevents releasing VST3 versions cause they crash. And inputStrings are a crucial part.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”