FreqAnalyst [freeware] Released !

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new product has been announced! See the FreqAnalyst preview here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164901
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst freeware spectrum analyzer is out!
Get it here: Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst freeware spectrum analyzer

In FL studio, I had the analyzer's gui open and while I was holding a note down on my pc keyboard, I moved my mouse curser over the gui, and each time I did this it makes the note stick. This might be a possible bug.

Thanks for your feedback. Did you check the CPU usage? Maybe your graphics card does not like the alpha blending stuff and the CPU has to do it all alone. We are about to release another skin with simpler curves that may solve this issue.

The "Fast Display" skin is now available for download:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Product_FreqAnalyst/
This skin set (mono and stereo) is similar to the default one, except that it does not uses alpha blended surfaces below curves. Recommended for configurations with old graphics cards, when the original skin uses too much CPU.

For CPU usage, I have 1 percent, and it stays level. I actually can't complain about that.

liquidbrad wrote:For CPU usage, I have 1 percent, and it stays level. I actually can't complain about that.
Sorry, I meant the actual CPU usage on your machine, the one you can see whith the task manager: the processing CPU usage of the plugin is quite low indeed.

I keep it relatively low, it could be at 5 percent and still happens. I don't get any spikes, no signal interference. It just makes the notes stick. I do notice that when I use my midi input device and try to recrate this problem , that I can't and everything works fine.

It has something to do with inputing notes on a QWERTY keyboard and the GUI in Fl Studio.

I tried to recreate the problem in Ableton Live 6 and everything works fine.

I'll have to give the fast display skin a try.

If it works in Ableton live and you just have 5% cpu hit, it's not a cpu issue. I guess that in FL when you move the mouse onto our plugin the application looses focus, so it does not catch keyboard hits anymore, hence the stuck note...

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”