Blue Cat Mac Ports!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It has not been really discussed yet but I think we will try to follow our "fair prices" policy: in the end we will probably propose all versions as a single purchase (just like we do today for DirectX/VST). It would mean a free upgrade to the Mac version for existing customers, in case they have a Mac of course!

Any more news, on os x debut??

:hyper:

ckatrun411 wrote:Any more news, on os x debut??
It's progressing... There is currently a lot to do on the user interface infrastructure. We are having fun with Cocoa and so on :).

I hope it goes well!
Good luck with the ports, and I'll keep an eye on your site for progress.

Thanks. We will keep posting about our progress on the forum.

For the most "technical" of you: today we have ported most of the low level infrastructure, and we have started to port our skinning engine and basic user interfacecomponents. That's the biggest part... Once we are done we will probably release a first VST beta. Then we'll do the AU port.

Hi,

we are happy to post some news about the Mac port: it is going very well and we have made some good progress lately, as you can see on the screenshot below:

There is still some work to do on proper fonts support and other technical stuff, but the idea is here. We finally intend to publish working alpha versions before the public beta program. (alpha=not feature complete version). And maybe we'll have a working AU version before the VST, it's still not finalized.

Prepare your Macs!

great news :tu:

And here is another screenshot with the window opacity feature:

hopefully the oscilloscope will be ported!

Hi ttoz,

are you finally happy with your Mac?

For the Oscilloscope Multi, do you mean.... Like this? :)

As you can see it's in work as well. Our goal is to port absolutely ALL our plugins, including of course the free ones.

We now have some VST versions almost ready for alpha launch. See below a screenshot in Ableton Live on Mac:

:hyper: :love:

Finally coming Blue Cat for mac?
Before xmas?

Which plugs? Mixing and mastering? Limiter? Linear phase eq? Multi-band dynamics?

:tu: :tu:
I'm so happy I went looking at the Blue Cat forum.

Excellente!
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

ckatrun411 wrote::hyper: :love:

Finally coming Blue Cat for mac?
Before xmas?

Which plugs? Mixing and mastering? Limiter? Linear phase eq? Multi-band dynamics?

:tu: :tu:
I'm so happy I went looking at the Blue Cat forum.
Hi,

yes, absolutely ALL our plugins are currently being ported to Mac. We will have a first release of several plugins (Can't tell yet which of them will be first) before Christmas. I think an official announcement should come out soon.

We also have new plugins in work, to be probably released soon, after the very first Mac ports, but it's still a secret :).

Would you be a candidate to test the very first alpha versions? (VST coming first)

Definitely going to "prepare my Mac" as you say. Good news, thanks in advance for the ports.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”