Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.63 Available, incl. GUI-Less Plug-Ins and MIDI Program Change Support

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Atfer a short break for the NAMM Show, we are back! Blue Cat's PatchWork has just been updated, with "guiless" plug-ins support, the ability to load presets via MIDI as well as a couple of compatibility improvements for Audio Units on Mac.

What's New:
- GUI-less plug-ins support: a generic user interface is now provided for VST or AU plug-ins that do not include a graphical editor.
- Presets can now be selected using MIDI Program change and bank select messages (can be activated with the presets menu/MIDI Program Change item).
- Fixed issue with some Audio Unit instruments that did not produce any sound (IK Multimedia, Kontakt...)
- Added log scale support for Audio Unit parameters.

As usual, this update is free for existing customers and can be downloaded from the same page as the original full version.

Enjoy!

Any reason the GUI-less plugin support doesn't work for the old 32-bit or 64-bit MDA plugin series? They can be found here. Thanks.

They seem to be loading fine here as you can see below. What kind of issue are you having with them?

Great! But it isn't working for me: do I have to do anything? Tried again with both 32 and 64-bit hosts in Windows 7-64.

Nothing in the manual or settings I can find... :shrug:

I think I have read somewhere that you need to have all the MDA plug-ins in the same folder to be able to load them. By the way, what does actually happen when you try to load them? Do you have an error message? Also, are you able to load them in another host?

Each group (32 & 64) are installed to to their respective VST folders and they're all there. They load and work in Chainer32, Cubase-64, and Cantabile 32 and 64. These hosts also have working GUI-less support and it works.

In Patchwork, they load and I hear them working but the GUI-less support is absent. I can toggle "Show Editor" and "Hide Editor" but the Editor isn't to be found anywhere. There is no error message. Sorry I wasn't clearer about the problem initially.

Thanks for the details. It looks like you are just using an older version of the plug-in that did not support guiless plug-ins yet... Have you installed the latest 1.63 released last week?

OOPS!!! Turns out you have to be using one of the default BC Skins for GUI-less controls to work!! Yes, I'm on 1.63.

I was using SatYatunes silver skin. Problem solved... (um, SatYatunes: I have a job for you... ;) )

Actually I find the default skins either too dark or too bright, but that's another story.... :hihi:

He is already aware of the new feature, so you will probably see a new skin shortly!

Breeze wrote:OOPS!!! Turns out you have to be using one of the default BC Skins for GUI-less controls to work!! Yes, I'm on 1.63.

I was using SatYatunes silver skin. Problem solved... (um, SatYatunes: I have a job for you... ;) )

Actually I find the default skins either too dark or too bright, but that's another story.... :hihi:
The SatYatunes skins should be the default. They are amazing. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Hey, haven't checked in a while, but did you ever 'fix' the volume difference when stacking vstis. Say I have one active, then add another vsti which brings the first volume level down.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Yes, you can now choose between "average" (usually for FX) and "sum" (VIs or to use paralell chains like aux busses) modes.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Yes, you can now choose between "average" (usually for FX) and "sum" (VIs or to use paralell chains like aux busses) modes.
That's good to hear, but I'm a little confused. Where would I choose this settings from when I check the demo?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Just select "Sum" instead of "Average" using the the dropdown button at the top right of the "PARALLEL CHAINS" section and it will do what you expect for your instruments.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”