Questions

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Concerning Patchwork:

Does Patchwork support VST3Presets?
(I was unable to select any preset with for example Steinberg Padshop: Padshop does not show a Preset Selector, and Patchworks Presets menu entry was greyed out->no way to load/store presets for Padshop)

I was unable to send MIDI from my MIDI controller Keyboard to Patchwork Mac standalone. I could not select any MIDI input anywhere, choosing "Host" in midi I/O of a plugin yields nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Concerning PlugnScript:
Can I host other plugins (incl. VST3preset/midi I/O/ parameter I/O support) in PlugnScript via scripting?

Hi,

PatchWork supports presets published by VST3 plug-ins (by code) but not VST3 Presets files, which is fine for most plug-ins, but some of them will indeed only use files for their presets.

PatchWork Standalone actually listens to all MIDI ports connected before it is launched. So you should be able to use your controller as long as it is connected and powered on before you launch the application.

Plug'N Script does not offer VST hosting via scripting. Do you have any specific idea in mind to ask for this?

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

PatchWork supports presets published by VST3 plug-ins (by code) but not VST3 Presets files, which is fine for most plug-ins, but some of them will indeed only use files for their presets.
Any chance to add a "Load VST3Preset..." (and "Save VST3Preset...") functionality in a slotted plugins menu for VST3 plugins (and load/save .fxb/.fxp for VST2 plugins)? (Specifying a VST3Presets base dir in preferences, and opening the corresponding <baseDir>[manufacturer]/[pluginName] folder and load/save?
Blue Cat Audio wrote:PatchWork Standalone actually listens to all MIDI ports connected before it is launched. So you should be able to use your controller as long as it is connected and powered on before you launch the application.
Doesn't work @ Mac OS X 10.11.6: no midi received by any instrument plugin in Patchwork, but Midi Monitor shows incoming midi from my controllers...

Any chance to add a MIDI I/O preference pane for the standalone to specify ports/channel received/send to host I/O?
Blue Cat Audio wrote:Plug'N Script does not offer VST hosting via scripting. Do you have any specific idea in mind to ask for this?
Yes, but this would be too much in this place ;)

I'd like to buy Patchwork, but only when MIDI input in standalone does work. Any feedback about the issue I encountered?

uh, sorry, I just now tried again and it works... strange.

thanks

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what could cause the issue. Maybe PatchWork was launched before the MIDI driver was up and running?

hmmm, simply inserting patchwork VST x64 in Maschine 2.7.4 x64 @ macOS Sierra crashes Maschine.

Thanks for the report. Does the standalone version still work properly?

seems so, no issues yet.

I purchased accusonus' Regroover today. When instantiating it (VST) in Patchwork standalone @ macOS Sierra, and trying to load a wav file, it crashes Patchwork. Seems to be a JUCE issue with Regroover, however, might be interesting for you, too?

(I really want to use Patchwork for anything as wrapper for everything in every DAW. Regroover for example isn't recognised in NI Kore2 neither as VST or as AU, and Kore2 is discontinued, so I'm stuck there. I thought I could use Patchwork to work around such issues. But, apparently, instantiating Patchwork in Kore2 and Regroover in the Patchwork instance crashes Patchwork and thus Kore2 :( )

Interested in a crash dump, or wrong recipient?

Thanks for the report. Are these specific to Sierra or yo had the same problem with previous versions (or you don't know?). CRash reports are welcome, on the support [at] bluecataudio [dot] com email adress if possible.

I don't know.

Will send a crash report asap.

fyi (macOS Sierra, all x64, VST):

there was an update to accusonus Regroover.

Regroover does NO MORE crash Patchwork!

BUT: Using Patchwork Standalone, on trying to load a wav file into Regroover, the plugin issues an error message "you must stop all playback before importing a new audio clip".

Is there any way to "stop playback" in Patchwork? Or set a tempo/time signature" or something?

However, the issue of Patchwork crashing Maschine 2.4.7 on simply instantiating Patchwork still applies.
Will send a crash report.

>>However, the issue of Patchwork crashing Maschine 2.4.7 on simply instantiating Patchwork still applies.

and the same is true for Windows10: instantiating BC Patchwork VST x64 in Maschine2 2.4.7 x64 crashes Maschine2.

Any news on the crashing issue?

Another issue: instantiating HALion5 VST3 in Patchwork VST in Bitwig 1.3.13 @ macOS Sierra, it does take about a minute until the system is responsive again. And I am not able to resize the window. Selecting a Screenset in HALion, the window resizes accordingly, but the window content is pure white, with the UIs unsized painted bottom left. Quite unusable, I'd say... :(

Using Patchwork Standalone, on trying to load a wav file into Regroover, the plugin issues an error message "you must stop all playback before importing a new audio clip".
Patchwork is indeed "always on", and there is not transport control on it (yet) since it has no timeline. Maybe you can try to change the audio settings to select no audio interface and see if it helps, but I am not sure.

For the Maschine crash, we are trying to get a hold on NI to get the software and do some testing internally. It is probably an issue with side chain and multiple channels support. BTW have you tried the Synth version of Patchwork? It was reported to work fine, as opposed to the effect version.

For Halion:
- loading time: have you tried disabling undo tracking on the plug-in slot before loading the plug-in? With some plug-ins it can slow down quite a bit, if they poorly report parameters changes.
- Are you running Bitwig in 32 or 64-bit mode? (Even in 64-bit mode, you may need to make sure you have not loaded a bridged 32-bit PatchWork, I remember seeing similar issues in such cases). Also, does closing and reloading the plug-in help?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”