Blue Cat's Plug'n Script V3 Released - Now with VST Plug-in Export!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ilyaorlov wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 pm Hey! That's similar to what I'm working on right now! Deeply customizeable skin is ~70% there. It'll let you customize colors, fonts, toolbar, meters etc. Plan to share it with community.
Looking forward to it! :tu:

Will it allow to use custom knob strips and background pngs etc ?

So, say I had something strung together in a modular host made up of open source plugins (MDA, ndc, etc... if allowed) that I wanted to make into a single vst — that would be possible with Plug'n Script (using the original source code)? If so, is there a particular tutorial or video example I could look at? Would it get very complicated if I needed parallel routing between the open source plugins I wanted to use? What about multiple instances of the same open source plugin? Internal sidechaining? Thanks.
Last edited by guitarzan on Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lalaland wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:08 am Will it allow to use custom knob strips and background pngs etc ?
Yes, the customizeable skin will allow you easily add background pngs, and you can already do your own knobs via png-strips and KUIML (see https://www.bluecataudio.com/Vault/Skin ... ement.html ) and maybe KnobMan. https://www.google.com/search?q=Knobman ... e&ie=UTF-8

Lalaland wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:08 am Will it allow to use custom knob strips and background pngs etc ?
There are several ways to it:
- if you don't want to get into KUIML, just export the plug-in with the stock GUI and replace the knob graphics that can be found in the Skins/Controls folder (use the same number of images in the strip).
- write your own skin as suggested by @ ilyaorlov.
It is currently not possible to embed custom graphics in the .kuiml file that goes with the dsp script, but we are working on it, and you can anyway replace the graphics after export when using this option too.

guitarzan wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:46 am So, say I had something strung together in a modular host made up of open source plugins (MDA, ndc, etc... if allowed) that I wanted to make into a single vst — that would be possible with Plug'n Script (using the original source code)? If so, is there a particular tutorial or video example I could look at? Would it get very complicated if I needed parallel routing between the open source plugins I wanted to use? What about multiple instances of the same open source plugin? Internal sidechaining? Thanks.
That's definitely possible, but it will probably require a fair amount of work, gathering and simplifying the code from all the plug-ins (you will probably have to understand what they do). Parallel processing can be achieved using additional buffers and summing them together.

But that's definitely not the same story as patching existing plug-ins in a modular host. I'd rather use PatchWork to do this, but then it cannot be exported as an independent plug-in, if that's your goal.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:50 am
guitarzan wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:46 am So, say I had something strung together in a modular host made up of open source plugins (MDA, ndc, etc... if allowed) that I wanted to make into a single vst — that would be possible with Plug'n Script (using the original source code)? If so, is there a particular tutorial or video example I could look at? Would it get very complicated if I needed parallel routing between the open source plugins I wanted to use? What about multiple instances of the same open source plugin? Internal sidechaining? Thanks.
That's definitely possible, but it will probably require a fair amount of work, gathering and simplifying the code from all the plug-ins (you will probably have to understand what they do). Parallel processing can be achieved using additional buffers and summing them together.

But that's definitely not the same story as patching existing plug-ins in a modular host. I'd rather use PatchWork to do this, but then it cannot be exported as an independent plug-in, if that's your goal.
So it may get complicated, but could still be accomplished by someone without prior coding or DSP knowledge? If so, that sounds doable to me.

Too bad there isn't a modular host that was also something like Plug'n Script all in one for open source and script rapid development, but I suppose the demand just isn't there.

Thank you very much!

It's definitely not an easy thing. No DSP knowledge, maybe, no coding knowledge, I don't think so.

There are many modular hosting environments out there, but turning a patch into a plug-in is not straightforward at all, even if you have the source code for each component.

EDIT: Nevermind, energyXT did everything I need to do, I'll just have to work around it's limited modern compatibility.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”