Patchwork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have DP Meter Pro 4 outputting MIDI cc as expected on IAC bus 1, in response to incoming audio when hosted in Plogue. I can't get any MIDI output when running it in Patchwork. I've clicked on the plug in in Patchwork and selected MIDI output to All Outputs. I'm obviously missing something else, but can't find it.

Mic

Hi,

You just need to click on the plug-in slot hosting the DPMP in PatchWork and select MIDI Out -> "Host" so that messages are sent to the host application.

Yes, as I said in my original post that's exactly what I have done. There is no MIDI output when set to host.
------------------------
by Blue Cat Audio; Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:23 am
Re: Patchwork standalone: where does midi output "Host" go to?
Hi,

Right now the "host" output is not connected to external MIDI. It will be possible to send MIDI events to the outside when we add MIDI I/O selection to the preferences.
-----------------
me: And 4 years, and numerous updates later is this still the case??

------------------
Postby Blue Cat Audio; Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 am
Re: Patchwork standalone: where does midi output "Host" go to?
Yes, this part of the software hasn't changed for the moment.
------------------------

It seems extraordinary that you have gone through an entire version 2 development cycle and not implemented this basic function. Clearly some of your staff think you have. . Now having to host DPMP in Plogue Bidule where the MIDI can be routed to host perfectly.

Sorry I actually thought you were using a plug-in version of PatchWork. The standalone version indeed does not have MIDI output for the moment.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear I was talking bout the standalone.

Is there some difficulty implementing this feature or was it just overlooked when updating the app to v2.

over 3 years ago you had most of the menu items in place and clearly the intention was that the standalone would be able to send MIDI to destinations outside the app.

Thanks

We still intend to add this feature in the future, but there have been many other priorities and a very large amount of work on other areas of the software.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”