Feature request - Looakhead for Dynamics

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Blue Cat!

Do you guys have any plans for adding Lookahead to upcoming versions of Dynamics? Dynamics is already a Swiss Army Knife, and can do just about everything for surgical compression. But I think adding this feature would provide even greater flexibility to its to gating duties, as well as compression.

Just my $0.02. :)

That's indeed something that is on our (huge) todo list...!

Glad to hear it. Thanks!

Necro-posting in my own thread!

I also think Dynamics would benefit from hysteresis control as well. Again, this would make gating duties a bit more flexible and intelligent.

One clever dynamics plugin that I’ve found recently is Boz’s Big Beautiful Door. It combines an EQ with a highly flexible gate.
https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/ ... iful-door/

It seems that Dynamics can achieve most of what this can do, albeit with some automation and side-chaining. Also, the two different filter sections for the input and side-chain open up some similar uses.

The most interesting feature of this plugin, IMO, is the open/closed eq sections for the loud and quiet parts of the track. I’m not suggesting that you folks merely copy another developer, but I’m hoping you may consider some interesting implementations for eq and filters for future updates to Dynamics. ;)

I really do love Dynamics, it’s such a workhorse. Looking forward to 2019. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, we have indeed a couple of ideas regarding hysteresis for the future, but nothing concrete for the moment.

Regarding 2019 and the original topic, a new version of Dynamics is indeed coming, hopefully soon!

Hint: you may want to check out the preview downloads...

:wink: :party: :hihi:

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:34 pm Thanks for the suggestion, we have indeed a couple of ideas regarding hysteresis for the future, but nothing concrete for the moment.

Regarding 2019 and the original topic, a new version of Dynamics is indeed coming, hopefully soon!

Hint: you may want to check out the preview downloads...

:wink: :party: :hihi:
:hyper:

I’ll download the new version this evening and try it out.

:clap:

:tu:

Not using lookahead? :x :lol:

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:42 am :tu:

Not using lookahead? :x :lol:
Caught red handed! :dog:

I just wanted to post a pic of the new UI. Looking good!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”