SOLVED - an Unfiltered Audio problem, not BlueCat

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am struggling to get Unfiltered Audio G8 sidechaing in MB-7 using Reaper. I can get TDR Nova sidechaining fine, but G8 not at all. If I use the VST G8 then it only shows 2 channels in MB-7, with no sidechaining possible. But if I switch to the VST3 version of G8 i now have 6 channels listed on the basic front panel - but only 4 available in expert mode - and none of them allow for sidechaining. And the display no longer shows the incoming signal for setting / seeing threshold etc.

Any ideas on how to get this going? Alternatives?

EDIT - actually I think there is a parameter reporting bug with MB-7 or Reaper or both

If I wiggle one of the band settings in MB-7 (eg B2-B3) then go to parameter automation "show last touched fx parameters only" then it show Freq 6-7 instead of Freq 2-3

SOLVED heard back from Unfiltered Audio and it is a known problem on their side - they are fixing it
Last edited by woggle on Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Regarding your side chaining issue, have you tried to set the audio I/O of the loaded plug-in manually? I guess it expects a 4 in / 2 outs configuration for side chaining (but I cannot say for sure - you may want to ask the manufacturer).

Regarding band parameters, they are linked together (so that you can move one band and push others), so some hosts may indeed report unexpected parameter changes if they only consider "touch" events and not "modify".

Hi - thanks - I have done those things - next step is report this to the Reaper forum and to Unfiltered Audio. re Reaper I can access the parameters using the full parameter listing - just the auto reporting of last moved parameter is wrong. (it ws reporting Freq6-7, which did not exist as there were not enough bands, so Reaper is most likely doing something wrong)
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”