NAMM 2019 Thread

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think something like modobass but for guitar...hey blue cat feel free to send me a free licence 😍😜

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 am I think he meant this thread is already a lot of fun... There haven't been previews yet. :-)
:tu: I didn’t clarify to let Tappistry suffer a little bit. :D

Naughty puma! :hihi:

pumafred wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:05 pm
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 am I think he meant this thread is already a lot of fun... There haven't been previews yet. :-)
:tu: I didn’t clarify to let Tappistry suffer a little bit. :D
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:10 pm Naughty puma! :hihi:
“Naughty Puma” is probably the name given to someone at Blue Cat who screws up and codes a bug that takes the team too much time to fix. :D

Ok, final guess for the guitar plugin is ...

A virtual guitar instrument based on modeling synthesis rather than sampling!

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:27 pm Ok, final guess for the guitar plugin is ...

Initially I thought not, but all recent hints are pointing in that direction! That would be a major step for BC. And a huge challenge to get right. A more modest possibility would be a program that, through intelligent use of IRs, makes any electric guitar sound like any other. Possible?

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm “Naughty Puma” is probably the name given to someone at Blue Cat who screws up and codes a bug that takes the team too much time to fix. :D
:lol:

pumafred wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:27 pm Ok, final guess for the guitar plugin is ...

Initially I thought not, but all recent hints are pointing in that direction! That would be a major step for BC. And a huge challenge to get right. A more modest possibility would be a program that, through intelligent use of IRs, makes any electric guitar sound like any other. Possible?
I have some acoustic guitar impulse responses, so you certainly can do some tonal mimicry that way.

However, since they specifically mentioned knobs and pots, moving the body around, etc., to me that points to algorithmic.

Well, I sure as hell hope Blue Cat's new plugin is better than any of the great ideas in this thread, otherwise Blue Cat will get some serious competition from our awesome vaporware!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Tappistry wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:42 pm I have some acoustic guitar impulse responses, so you certainly can do some tonal mimicry that way.
Well, you know how much we like impulse responses... :hihi:

Here you go! Announcing "Re-Guitar", the guitar tone modeler plug-in!

It will be available as a built-in plug-in in a <b>free update for Axiom</b>, or separately as an independent plug-in (not free). Axiom is currently 25% off btw ;-).

:party:

Was I right, or was I right? 8)

pumafred wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Yup, you called it! And a very generous addition for Axiom owners!!

Tappistry wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 am
pumafred wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 pm

Yup, you called it! And a very generous addition for Axiom owners!!
:tu: Thanks, Tappistry! :clap:

Except it is not using IRs... It is fully algorithmic, which lets you create your own pickups based on proposed models, using a 2D controller:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”