Plug'n Script as Audio Units but different hosts.

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
KVRist
174 posts since 11 May, 2014

Post Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:52 am

I created a Plug'n Script and it shows up and works well as a MIDI FX in Logic Pro X, but in Kushview Element it does show up but it doesn't work.

Is there different build settings that I need to make to get it to work in Kushview Element

KVRAF
4779 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:27 am

I don't know this other host, but it is probable that it does not support AU MIDI FX (it is a rather new specification, and most hosts even do not support MIDI output for regular Audio Units...). If it supports VSTs, you may want to try that instead. Otherwise maybe if you change the type of Audio Unit to "Instrument" or "Audio FX" it may work.

KVRist

Topic Starter

174 posts since 11 May, 2014

Post Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:09 am

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:27 am
I don't know this other host, but it is probable that it does not support AU MIDI FX (it is a rather new specification, and most hosts even do not support MIDI output for regular Audio Units...). If it supports VSTs, you may want to try that instead. Otherwise maybe if you change the type of Audio Unit to "Instrument" or "Audio FX" it may work.
Odd, it sees it and when I put in in the workspace, the green dots are audio and the orange dot is midi.
The top is input and the bottom is output.
So I have stereo audio input and output and a midi input and output.

If you notice, it even sees your Plug'n Script MFX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
4779 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:32 am

What does happen when you connect it?

KVRAF
1859 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Post Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:56 pm

There is currently a bug in JUCE related to hosting AUmfx plugins. its possible to hack around it in the juce modules with a few lines of code, but the JUCE really needs to rectify this. Even the demo AudioPluginHost that they provide with JUCE fails to properly host AUmfx plugins...it hosts them, but the midi ports don't work.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-128gb 10.15 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”