Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.31 Free Update & Promotion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:59 pm
LandofMissingParts wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am Hi, I'm getting an issue when reskinning with KUIML--
There's solid black covering up the background image, but it disappears when a knob/slider in front of it moves. Here's an example using the code from the Blue Cat Chorus KUIML tutorial, no modifications.
https://youtu.be/oF3OsZz5hkM
I confirm that the issue only appears on 10.14 (not 10.13 or 10.15 or 10.16). It seems to be a problem with MacOS' backing layer alpha channel that works differently on this particular version :party: . We will issue an update that fixes the problem. In the meantime you can indeed use a SKIN with default color background and load the image in a separate component inside.
Thanks!
ROLL CONTROL PLUGIN | Turn Any Perc Into Rolls.
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR | Use Particles With Your Own Instruments.
SCALE SWEEP | The easier way to perform glissandos and scale runs.

Can I make standalone version(exe) of the VSTs?

leftbank wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:03 am Can I make standalone version(exe) of the VSTs?
It is currently not possible.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the demo version and I think it is very useful and can make an excellent GUI for my existing C code.

However, I need the standalone version to use VST with virtual I/O to all sound outputs of my PC (e.g. YouTube).

I hope this feature will be available in the future.

It would be perfect if the virtual I/O feature is also included.

For the preview Plug'n Script 3.31 for the Apple Silicon, the problem is I don't want to install Rosetta 2 on my computer, I just want to run native Apple Silicon apps, but the INSTALLER wants to install Rosetta 2.

How do I install the Apple Silicon of Plug'n Script 3.31?

ValliSoftware wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:47 am For the preview Plug'n Script 3.31 for the Apple Silicon, the problem is I don't want to install Rosetta 2 on my computer, I just want to run native Apple Silicon apps, but the INSTALLER wants to install Rosetta 2.

How do I install the Apple Silicon of Plug'n Script 3.31?
We have indeed noticed that a flag is missing in the installer to make sure MacOS does not try to install Rosetta 2. We'll update it for the next preview.

I don't know if you can force MacOS not to install it, however there seems to be a way to remove it once installed (haven't tried it though):
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/669486

I currently try to compile a native script on Windows 10 with MinGW w64 3.3.

The compiler show me some warnings, seems not be critical:

Code: Select all

warning: 'inputParametersDefault' initialized and declared 'extern' [enabled by default]
But i cant get it loaded, when i add parameters to my test plugin. BlueCat PlungNScript V3.31 VST2 x64 don't want to load it:

Code: Select all

Error: Failed to load module:
Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
Error: failed to initialize script
When i remove all inputParameters* variables, it loads fine.
Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, i just installed a newer version of MinGW, recompiled it and now it works.

leftbank wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:03 am Can I make standalone version(exe) of the VSTs?
There is SaviHost https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
just rename the exe to the same name as plugin.

With Blue Cat's Plug'n Script can I play a section of a wav file at the same bpm as the host ?
See here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=566123

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
crossovercable wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:15 pm
There is SaviHost https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm (https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm)
just rename the exe to the same name as plugin.
Thank you for your information and sorry to late reply.
I tried it but didn't work.
It is assumed that it is for iVST only?

There's VSTHost KV-Element ImageLine MiniHost there are all free.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:35 am
We have indeed noticed that a flag is missing in the installer to make sure MacOS does not try to install Rosetta 2. We'll update it for the next preview.
Just curious, has this been updated yet?

It should indeed have been fixed with the latest preview uploaded last week.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:30 am It should indeed have been fixed with the latest preview uploaded last week.
I just downloaded and installed without the need for Rosetta on my M1.
Thanks. :-D

Where can I find information about the new experimental XML parser/writer for angelscript that has been added to this version of PNS?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”