Oscilloscope Multi issue/help

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Apr, 2021

Post Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:52 am

Hello,

I have 3 instances of Oscilloscope Multi on 3 different tracks and a 4th ‘master’ instance on a sub-group where I can see and analyse each of those 3 tracks in the same scope window.

The parts on these tracks are being played at exactly the same time in my track - it’s the 3x layers of a kick drum so they're all hitting at the same time - but they are not triggering at the same time in the Oscilloscope window. All 3 parts are showing as triggering at different times.

Can upload some screen shots if that will help. Can anyone help me understand what the issue is here and how it can be resolved?

My set up is Logic Pro X 10.6.1 on Mac OS 10.15.7 and I believe I’m using the latest plugin versions (2.32).

Thanks / J

KVRAF
4612 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:50 pm

(copy of our answer by email for reference):

It seems that you are looking at different instances at different times, right? The only way to check alignment of waveforms simultaneously is to look at them on the same screen, in the same instance.

In this case you should see that they are triggered at the same time (you may have to click on the "sync" button sometimes to make sure they are perfectly in sync though). The time grid that is displayed on the oscilloscope does not correspond to absolute time in the DAW but shows "instant" time (0 is "now" while you are looking at the display).

I hope this clarifies.

KVRer

Topic Starter

2 posts since 17 Apr, 2021

Post Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:55 pm

Hi - thanks for getting back to me - I've just replied to your email.
Don't want to create double-handling for you, but here is a copy of the screenshot I've just sent to try and better explain the issue I'm seeing, might help someone else.
FYI - I am viewing the different channels in the same instance of the plugin. The parts are being played at the same time - but they're not displaying at the same time as far as I can see.
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 16.06.53 (2).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”