Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 3.4: 10th Anniversary Update and Promotion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MB-7 Mixer

Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 3.4 is here! :party:

New Features & Improvements:
- Up to 7 times more processing power with the new multicore engine that processes each frequency band on a different core.
- New DSP workload meter that displays the DSP activity and CPU load.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Reduced time to load the MB-7 Mixer or any built-in plug-in.
- Multiple DSP performance improvements.
- Level meters and frequency analyzers are not computed anymore when the user interface is closed, reducing CPU usage.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Improved global and preset settings window loading time on Windows.
- Added ability to select the plug-in to load when a shell plug-in file is dragged and dropped onto a slot.
- Full unicode support.
- Preset files can now be dropped onto the preset LCD area to be loaded.
- Improved "Tone Maps" user interface (available for 9 built-in effects).
- Native Apple M1 support available as a preview.

Fixes:
- Fixed host loop end value not properly passed to hosted plug-ins, for the VST2 version.
- Fixed several crashes upon load for multiple third party plug-ins (mostly VST3).
- Fixed MIDI control for hosted plug-ins not always working when fed with silence.
- Fixed VST3 (and sometimes VST) version freezing Ableton Live upon save on Windows.
- Fixed harmonizer and Pitch Shifter built-in plug-ins that did not always flush their buffer upon bypass (short sounds could be heard when getting out of bypass)

Enjoy!

Pricing:
Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer: 99 EUR or $99 (instead of 129) until June 4th 2021

FYI
The preview installer for MB-7 for Apple Silicon works without Rosetta 2, awesome.
Thank you. :tu:

Now if you can just make other products that I own the same way, that would be even more awesome. :hail:

ValliSoftware wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:36 pm Now if you can just make other products that I own the same way, that would be even more awesome. :hail:
Yes many of them will be updated soon. There is quite a long list of updates in the plans!

Fantastic, congratulations! Waiting for the email, then I'll get it. Any news on a linear phase mode?

Hey, amazing plug, just love it!
If i could get a wet/dry control per band, it would probably be the best plug ever.

Lasse

Kumal wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:49 pm Any news on a linear phase mode?
It's not here yet!

Thank you : it's an excellent plugin!

Since it's been 10 years (!) since the first release of the plug-in, here is new post on the blog: a look back at 10 Years Of Multiband Processing and 27 releases!

Enjoy!

Love this plugin! The new update is nice a speedy, however, there seems to be a bug introduced with this version. When using in Waveform 11 Free, the header disappears whenever the layout of the plugin changes (switching of presets or number of bands). This is driving me a bit mad since the only way to exit the plugin now is by deleting it. Please help!

GuitarDude570 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:17 pm Love this plugin! The new update is nice a speedy, however, there seems to be a bug introduced with this version. When using in Waveform 11 Free, the header disappears whenever the layout of the plugin changes (switching of presets or number of bands). This is driving me a bit mad since the only way to exit the plugin now is by deleting it. Please help!
I am not sure I understand. Can you maybe post a screenshot showing the problem? Which plug-in format are you using?

Hey there, has there already been an email with a "special discount" sent to customers? I'm just afraid I missed it :D

Loading the VST3 Stereo format plugin in Waveform 11 Free on Windows 10 works fine at first as seen here:
Screenshot 2021-05-20 12.52.32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

But then when I go to switch the number of bands, the header disappears:
Screenshot 2021-05-20 12.52.46.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's definitely an odd thing. This part of the window however belongs to the host application, so there is not much we can do to change this strange behavior: we do not have access to it.

mike_the_ranger wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:48 pm Hey there, has there already been an email with a "special discount" sent to customers? I'm just afraid I missed it :D
It has been sent a while ago, if you accepted to receive email from us upon your last purchase / registration. Please contact support by email to have it resent.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”