Remote Control installation on mac Catalina

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
KVRist
259 posts since 30 Mar, 2005 from France

Post Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:52 am

When I install Remote Control 2.32 I cannot get Live to load the .vst, since the OS complains that it cannot verify the creator.
I tried to install the early VST3 version and it does install, and I can load the vst3 : but it does not seem to recognize my 2.31 license and deactivates immediately.

So how do I get Remote Control installed on my mac ???

KVRAF
4779 posts since 8 Sep, 2004 from Paris (France)

Post Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:52 am

The current public version was indeed released a while ago (2014), so it won't work on Catalina thanks to Apple's new "Security" policy.

There is however a preview of Version 3 available for download (to be released officially very soon, at last!) that will run fine on Catalina and also adds many features. Your license for V2 will work for V3 without any issue. See the tutorial below for more details about how to download the latest preview:

How to download next release preview?

KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:53 am

You will still have to right click and select open to install though, as explained here.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:28 am

The installation went fine, and I do see Blue Cat's Remote Control 3 in my VST3>Blue Cat Audio menu in Live 11. But when I drag it to a track, I get an error dialog from Live saying it could not open the VST3 plugin, the plugin "Blue Cat's Remote Control 3" could not be created, and it has been deactivated :(

I tried to reinstall with no apparent change. Although I believe it asked for a registration key the first time, but not for the later installations, so I don't know how to restart from a clean install.

KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:01 am

I guess the preview does not have the Live 11 / VST3 fix that has already been released for other plug-ins. Anyway we still recommend using the VST version instead of VST3 in Live, as it is more stable (I am not even sure if Live supports MIDI output for VST3 yet).

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:41 am

Yes the VST seems functional in Live. Thanks for your help !

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”