Help with Extraboy! - Please someone

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to use extra boy on my old comptuer and I loved it, I recently got a new one so I came to the website, downloaded it and put it in my vst plugin folder the same way I did the original time.

The problem is it wont work when I go to use it, it always says "cant access the windows registry" and shuts down the application, ive tried it on both adobe audition and mixcraft as well

I was really looking forawrd to using it again and getting Extra Boy Pro if I liked it as much with the new music ive been working with, but I dont want to purchase something that will just have the same problem.

Can somebody give me a little help as to what the problem might be? Thanks so much I apperciate it

Hmm sounds like your registry might be messed up. You might want to back up everything immediatly!! Is thatYou should try downloading another Eleyvata plugin (any of them) and see if that will work.. I would definatly PM/contact Spaceboy about this problem..

L

First off: You can always demo Extra Boy Pro for free.
Second: It might be worth to take a look at the FAQ pages

http://www.elevayta.net/faq.htm#dep

and take note of the section on Data Execution Prevention

Sadly, I've tried all that. My DEP settings weer already the right ones, and I tried getting VST Rak but it loads Extra Boy Pro wrong, like you can see a part of the plugin in the window but can't get to it.

Then Pro also does the same thing in my vst hosts and just crashes them and says the registry thing :(

Please supply some details about your setup. CPU type, operating system, 32-bit or 64-bit.

There is nothing in Elevayta plug-ins that should cause registry issues. Please provide a screen shot of the issue in VST Rak.

If you can load it in VST Rak then there apparently is not a problem with the plug-ins. I need to know what you see.

Hi Space Boy, I get the same error (can't access windows registry) with Extra Boy Pro into Mixcraft on Windows Vista.
Could you please help me ?
Many thanks.

Bischky wrote:Hi Space Boy, I get the same error (can't access windows registry) with Extra Boy Pro into Mixcraft on Windows Vista.
Could you please help me ?
Many thanks.
Sorry. I don't know what the problem is and I don't have a solution for this. I also don't have Windows Vista (yet).

Please try a different host application i.e. Reaper, and see if the same problem occurs.

BTW, Did you first try the demo of Extra Boy Pro on Vista before buying or is this a problem you find only with the licensed version?

P.S. I just did a google and this may be something to do with Administrators rights. To access the registry in Vista, you must run with administrators rights. My plug-ins access the registry for licensing information.

In the mean time, please try turning off "User Account Control".

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

or

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... ows-vista/

I think it has something to do with this.

Once I get my own copy of Vista installed, I should be able to make a more permanent fix that won't require turning of UAC.

Paul

Hi,

It needs admin rights to work properly.
Try opening your DAW with 'Run as adminatrator', and see if that works.

Cheers. \m/

Return to “Elevayta”