FR for ManyGuitar 2

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I was thinking would it be possible to have a feature in ManyGuitar 2 where you could have some octave(s) before or after the "normal" sounds mapped for chords. As in, you could assign any chords for, say C1 to C2 (or something), and you would have an option if you want it strummed or "arpeggiated" (Sorry, my descriptions are not so good :/).

For me at least playing reasonably sounding chords with VSTis is a pain in the but. It would be a nice thing to have built-in the instrument already.

Thanks.
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

Hmmm, no interest? Or did I (once again)explain it badly?
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

There are some presents in ManyGuitar (1) that are "chords" presents (strummed chords). Is that akin to what you had in mind?
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Paul mentioned that a strummer is on the feature request list for manyguitar 2 , I think it would be a great idea.
Did you try the midi strumming files that are available (I'm not sure they are in the freezone, i havn't tried them myself)
Nobody's a nobody...

Hi DotNoir
Actually your post did not go unnoticed. Greg, Aldo and Myself have been in heavy communication about where ManyGuitar is going these last weeks. We now have the design specs layed out and coding has started for ManyGuitars successor. Sampling is about to start once Greg and I do a few more tests.

I'll announce more soon about exactly what we are doing and the new features etc. It's gonna be a killer Instrument, I guarantee you that! It will take some time to complete though, so no official announcement or date yet.
Paul

BTW .... the midi files are not in the FreeZone yet but ManyGuitar users can email me and request them.

+1 for a strummer!

manytone wrote:I'll announce more soon about exactly what we are doing and the new features etc. It's gonna be a killer Instrument, I guarantee you that! It will take some time to complete though, so no official announcement or date yet.
Paul
:hyper:
Yay, strummer!

bump: any news on this one?

Here's a feature request for ManyGuitar and ManyOne: to save additional effect and instrument presets in the effect and instrument wizard. There's a nice selection as it is, but it never hurts to have that killer setup you devised on speeddial.

Should I hold off on getting ManyGuitar until its successor comes out?
I may be able to get ManyStation now at a special price for Wusikstation V4 users. I was thinking I'd see if the crossgrade applied to ManyGuitar and maybe get that instead of ManyStation, but if ManyGuitar is coming out with a major upgrade, maybe I should wait on ManyGuitar. Will current ManyGuitar owners be able to upgrade to ManyGuitar II? If so, what will the upgrade cost?

+1 for a strummer etc. The way RealStrat works is really good. I was even thinking of trying to write a Reaper JS scrpit for midi processing to get up and down strums with various numbers of strings and guitar voicings. Unfortunately I'm rubbish at programming, although it doesn't look all that hard. Even a little vsti plugin or host that can subhost ManyGuitar (or any sampler/rompler) for chords/strumming would be good.

CloudNine wrote:Should I hold off on getting ManyGuitar until its successor comes out?
I may be able to get ManyStation now at a special price for Wusikstation V4 users. I was thinking I'd see if the crossgrade applied to ManyGuitar and maybe get that instead of ManyStation, but if ManyGuitar is coming out with a major upgrade, maybe I should wait on ManyGuitar. Will current ManyGuitar owners be able to upgrade to ManyGuitar II? If so, what will the upgrade cost?
dito! I'm thinking on acquiring ManyGuitar so it would be great to know when MG2 comes out and what the upgrade price is?
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

Hi

Guys, we are still a long ways off from any successor to ManyGuitar being available. Makes it very tough at this point to give any pricing details etc. We won't know that for some time yet.

We are listening though to all these ideas and we have plenty of our own too.
One of those ideas of our own is a new "per string" engine. A complete new engine that will allow use of samples taken from every note on every string, including velocity layers. Also a "Smart" Midi/chord engine that knows what fret you are playing at and uses the proper samples.

This will take time as you can imagine. For now our main Guitar product is ManyGuitar version 1 that is available now. All regged users of this will of course receive a better/crossgrade price on any "New" Guitar product that we "may" produce.

But remember this, until we actually announce a product, there is no promises of anything. We are just discussing it here and from there we work on what we can.

If and when we announce a New product.... you'll know.
Remember - we didn't start this thread, but I will try to share a bit of the behind the scenes stuff with you. ;-)

Till then, grab ManyGuitar 1. It is on sale for $79.95 right now and was just released for Mac too.

Thanks for the input guys!
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi

Guys, we are still a long ways off from any successor to ManyGuitar being available. Makes it very tough at this point to give any pricing details etc. We won't know that for some time yet.

We are listening though to all these ideas and we have plenty of our own too.
One of those ideas of our own is a new "per string" engine. A complete new engine that will allow use of samples taken from every note on every string, including velocity layers. Also a "Smart" Midi/chord engine that knows what fret you are playing at and uses the proper samples.

This will take time as you can imagine. For now our main Guitar product is ManyGuitar version 1 that is available now. All regged users of this will of course receive a better/crossgrade price on any "New" Guitar product that we "may" produce.

But remember this, until we actually announce a product, there is no promises of anything. We are just discussing it here and from there we work on what we can.

If and when we announce a New product.... you'll know.
Remember - we didn't start this thread, but I will try to share a bit of the behind the scenes stuff with you. ;-)

Till then, grab ManyGuitar 1. It is on sale for $79.95 right now and was just released for Mac too.

Thanks for the input guys!
Paul
Wow Paul, if you can add functionality like that to MG2 and give the benefits of the ManyBass engine - the better sound browsing experience, the database build and ACT, the optimisation of the interface... OMG - you can bloody charge what you want for it as far as I'm concerned. I'll be screaming for it.

When looking at the sophisticated strumming approaches etc.. I'm happy to stream megabytes of consciousness over end user ideas of how this could work if it would at all be useful.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

make sure you get round robins in, and being able to mix in some string noises etc on note-off could be handy.

Return to “Manytone Music”