Manytone guitar & Sonar 7

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just stumbled into the Manytone vst guitars and have a newbie question.
I have Band in a box and Cakewalk Sonar 7. If I develope my chords for a song in BIAB then bring that into a midi track in sonar then install Many Guitar 12 string strum, as my vst and play then ---# 1 should work ,right? or do I need the Many instrument program as host for the plug in # 2 how does one make the strum either up strum or down strum. So do I need to edit the event list to change from one to another and if so what would I edit.
Now if I this works well then I would add a melody track that would finger pick and thus , maybe along with a rythmn track create a folk/James Taylor backing track for some of the songs my wife and I write so she has agood backing track.
As I say I'm new at this and cheap like everyone else, trying to put a guitar plug in that sounds good.
Thanks for any help, Wyndham

I guess What I'm asking is, Does the Manytone guitar have it's own engine or do I need to buy another part,feature, or program to use the guitar samples in Sonar 7. Thanks Wyndham

hi Wyndham

make sure sonar sees manyguitar as a VSTi (you may need to rescan yr plugin folder) and then just insert it using the synth rack 8)

wrt the biab midi, you are right that you may need to edit the midi data to alternate between up & down strums ;)

hth
p

Thanks Pwal, do you know what cc inst would be used to change the up and down strum. Wyndham

no idea! maybe the alternate strums are mapped at a lower position on the kbd?

wyndham wrote:I guess What I'm asking is, Does the Manytone guitar have it's own engine or do I need to buy another part,feature, or program to use the guitar samples in Sonar 7. Thanks Wyndham
Hi wyndham

ManyGuitar is a VST instrument, and is the engine that plays the included samples.

If you are familiar with using VST then, ManyGuitar works basically the same as all the other instruments out there.

As for your midi question, you will need to hand program any chords and strums etc. or use midi files and adjust them to your liking. There is one set of samples included that are strummed Tele chords, and the up and down strums are higher and lower on the keyboard.

Sets like the 12 string though require you to make your own chords etc if you want strums. We do give all ManyGuitar users access to a bunch of Guitar midi files to help them with this. Also your BIAB will be another way for you to make chords and import into Sonar.

Do you own ManyGuitar already? Just email me and I'll send you some Guitar midi files to mess with.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks Paul,I like the demo instruments and will get the Guitar soon. I see there is a sale right now so that's going to help. Wyndham

The demo for ManyGuitar is just mp3 demo songs.
We are working on a full Demo version of the instrument, but it is still a ways off.

You could always download our Demo version of ManyBass and try it.
ManyGuitar is a bit similar to it, and it will at least let you know how it fits in with Sonar. I use our stuff here in Sonar and all is fine.

Thanks again
Paul

manytone wrote:We do give all ManyGuitar users access to a bunch of Guitar midi files...

Paul

Hi Paul

Where are these? I did not see any midi files when I bought ManyGuitar.

We just updated the FreeZone page on our website recently and it says there that all users can email me for them. (They are not actually officially released yet.) I'll try to pull your email and send them.

Thanks
Paul
Last edited by manytone on Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just traced your email and sent them to you Rod.

Paul

OK got them

Thanks Paul
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Return to “Manytone Music”