Protools C-2 and G8 piano roll bug

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Just keeping you informed of a Digidesign Protools LE and HD bug that affects us ManyBass users (and perhaps others too?) who wrap the plugins for use in PT.

The midi piano roll on instrument and midi tracks doesn't allow you to write/draw/move notes on/to C-2 and G8. For ManyBass this means that you can't write a short slide ( C-2 ) or stacatto note ( G8 ).

This bug has been identified and given an issue number (as I'm a beta tester for the company), and we're working to get a fix ;)

The workaround at the moment is to open another instance or two of ManyBass, then transpose with the "real-time properties" window so you can access the notes; for example an octave higher.

Cheers,

Ashley :)

Ashley, here's another idea. Write a C#-2 note and use a pitch bend to access the C-2 (the pitch bend needs to be before the actual note on signal to work). Sorry about this, and I hope the patch for PT is released soon.

Good idea batamn hehe :)

andywright67 wrote:Good idea batman hehe :)
Hey... I'm Batman, he's Robin :D

I am surprised that Pro Tools has this bug. That means all instruments that run in Pro Tools from any manufacturer cannot access the lowest or highest note.

While we're on the Movie thing....
Surely that should be Elementary my Dear Watson.
(Ouch)

Hope they sort it for you guys on Pro Tools soon.

Did the Pitch Bend trick work?

Paul

Haven't had chance to try it yet, but I would think it would work.

Cheers

I still get to take the bat mobile for a spin of course, just on weekdays.

Okay, the pitch bend won't work... it just stretches the sample, even when placed before the note--which has its own advantages.

However, you can use the MIDI learn to assign the coarse tuning to controller #2. Then you can use that control to access the two notes ProTools can't access at the moment. It may be better than having to use two instances of ManyBass, I'm not sure. Just depends on whether you would rather to deal with one track instead of two.

Return to “Manytone Music”