Manyguitar & WusikSND file confusion?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have recently bought secondhand and installed Manyguitar, however I realise it shares my Wusikstation DATA(I own Wusikstation),

This is where the confusion comes in,

The Manyguitar presets in the browser are the first ones in the list and all load fine(no problemo)

But when I realised that all my WusikSND Wusikstation files are in the browser too, I tried some PRIZM WusikSND files and it crashed.

I tried other WusikSND files to see, some worked and some crashed it, why is this?

Thanks in advance! :?

Just a thought, but since ManyGuitar is based on the engine from Nusofting EVE, its possible that Wusik may have changed the spec of the WusikSND format since ManyGuitar came out, and EVE is unable to handle later versions of the format.

Didnt Wusikstation start handling stereo files at some point, for example? PRIZM is a very recent soundset, I wouldnt be surprised it if took advantage of any changes in the format.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hi
Thanks whyterabbyt. I think you got it.
ManyGuitar is only able to load mono soundsets, so loading any stereo soundset may be the cause of your issue.

I am looking to see if there is anything we can do about that.
One thing though is that ManyGuitar is not based on Eve, it is coded from the ground up. The only thing it shares with Eve and Wusik is that it can load wusiksnd files.
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi
Thanks whyterabbyt. I think you got it.
ManyGuitar is only able to load mono soundsets, so loading any stereo soundset may be the cause of your issue.

I am looking to see if there is anything we can do about that.
One thing though is that ManyGuitar is not based on Eve, it is coded from the ground up. The only thing it shares with Eve and Wusik is that it can load wusiksnd files.
Paul
I think it's more to do with the installation, I'm sure it found my WusikstationDATA folder automatically and added Manyguitar to it, the best way would being able to put it in it's own folder(the data), it's just my whole Wusikstation data folder in the Manyguitar browser, I'd rather just have the Manyguitar presets there if they won't load certain 3rd party guitar wusikSND samples(i.e. PRIZM's)...I can't be trialing and erroring different samples if it causes a crash of my host....

I just found it odd! But the default samples are fine, some I like alot... :)

whyterabbyt wrote:Just a thought, but since ManyGuitar is based on the engine from Nusofting EVE, its possible that Wusik may have changed the spec of the WusikSND format since ManyGuitar came out, and EVE is unable to handle later versions of the format.

Didnt Wusikstation start handling stereo files at some point, for example? PRIZM is a very recent soundset, I wouldnt be surprised it if took advantage of any changes in the format.
OK, I now understand what's happening, thanks

manytone wrote:One thing though is that ManyGuitar is not based on Eve, it is coded from the ground up.
Sorry, bout that, I was just going by the blurb on the KVR page:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1872.html

"ManyGuitar was built with Dash Signature and uses the Dash Eve One Engine with a custom designed Amplifier and Speaker Cabinet emulator built exclusively for Manytone."

On looking further, I remember now that EVE ONE was actually a different thing from EVE; sorry for the confusion.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah, I guess it is a bit confusing....
We took over Eve One from Dash Signature, redid a few things and called it ManyOne.
We then built ManyGuitar with Dash and another coder. Although it used the same principles and some of the same code it really was a major overhaul.

I also got a bit confused myself as it was ManyBass that we completely built from the ground up.

Heh, guess I should be sorry for the confusion ;-)
Paul

breakmixer wrote: the best way would being able to put it in it's own folder(the data), it's just my whole Wusikstation data folder in the Manyguitar browser, I'd rather just have the Manyguitar presets there if they won't load certain 3rd party guitar wusikSND samples

Okay.... if I recall correctly you can put the ManyGuitar Soundsets in their own folder so that ManyGuitar only see's the ManyGuitar samples. I think the installer would do that for you originally if you wanted.
But, now that you have it in Wusiks folder it involves a bit of a trick to do so.

You should be able to do this:
Create a folder called "Manyguitar" (or whatever you want) and in that create a folder called SoundSets.
Now copy into that "SoundSets" folder, the 5 ManyGuitar folders of samples from your Wusik folder.
These folders would be
MT Bass Guitars_Electric
MT Bass Guitars_Synth
MT Guitars_Acoustic
MT Guitars_Electric
MT Guitars_Synth

Now temporarily rename your main wusik folder, for example just add an x to the beginning or end of the name.
When you reload ManyGuitar in your host it should detect that the location of sounds has changed and will ask you to point to the new folder. Point it to the new "SoundSets" folder you created.

If it all works you can then delete your original files in the Wusik folder, but remember that they will not show up in WusikStation or ManyStation then. (you could also leave them there if you want them to show up in Wusik/ManyStation)
Don't forget to rename your wusik folder back to what it was so that WusikStation keeps working fine.

Let me know if this worked for you. Sounds like a bunch of work but it really isn't. I just did it here and it works fine.
Paul

manytone wrote:
breakmixer wrote: the best way would being able to put it in it's own folder(the data), it's just my whole Wusikstation data folder in the Manyguitar browser, I'd rather just have the Manyguitar presets there if they won't load certain 3rd party guitar wusikSND samples

Okay.... if I recall correctly you can put the ManyGuitar Soundsets in their own folder so that ManyGuitar only see's the ManyGuitar samples. I think the installer would do that for you originally if you wanted.
But, now that you have it in Wusiks folder it involves a bit of a trick to do so.

Create a folder called "Manyguitar" (or whatever you want) and in that create a folder called SoundSets.
Now copy into that "SoundSets" folder, the 5 ManyGuitar folders of samples from your Wusik folder.
These folders would be
MT Bass Guitars_Electric
MT Bass Guitars_Synth
MT Guitars_Acoustic
MT Guitars_Electric
MT Guitars_Synth

Now temporarily rename your main wusik folder, for example just add an x to the beginning or end of the name.
When you reload ManyGuitar in your host it should detect that the location of sounds has changed and will ask you to point to the new folder. Point it to the new "SoundSets" folder you created.

If it all works you can then delete your original files in the Wusik folder, but remember that they will not show up in WusikStation or ManyStation then. (you could also leave them there if you want them to show up in Wusik/ManyStation)
Don't forget to rename your wusik folder back to what it was so that WusikStation keeps working fine.

Let me know if this worked for you. Sounds like a bunch of work but it really isn't. I just did it here and it works fine.
Paul
Cheers, seems simple, that's good that it will prompt a search for the folder if I rename it, I will copy paste just the manyguitar samples but will also leave them in wusikstation, thanks, helped alot...I just like everything working smooth and tidly :D

manytone wrote:

These folders would be
MT Bass Guitars_Electric
MT Bass Guitars_Synth
MT Guitars_Acoustic
MT Guitars_Electric
MT Guitars_Synth

Paul
Workaround worked fine, cheers alot, ps I really like this plugin - but I prefer the mini-gui version as it looks more futuristic, Feel bad I bought it second hand.... :oops:

Thanks for the update. Glad you are enjoying!
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”