please help with simplest possible case

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to get a deeper understanding of crusher-X and thought this would be the simplest possible case (besides letting the signal pass through unaffected) - but I cant figure out how to do it!

First off I would like to have a signal - eg a snare hit played every 1000msecs - played by a single grain whenever I want, more or less like a delay. For example the snare goes into crusher-X and 500msecs later there is a single repeat of the snare.

Secondly I would like to have say a snare hit then a cymbal hit 250msecs later and be able to choose which of those gets used as a grain and repeated 500msec later.

At the moment I am trying this with live input from a sequencer and synth. But maybe to do this I need to use a wav file triggered by midi - I do not know.

Anyways, I feel if I can get this basic simple use of the buffer I can then build greater and greater control of more and more complex cases

thanks for any help with settings to achieve this

Hi,

you can start by getting a feeling for the "Delay" Grain Modulation. Start with the "Reset" patch (somewhere down the patch list).
  • Move the "Offset" slider of the "Delay" Grain Modulation to e.g. 500ms
  • After that play around with the "Mod" fader of the "Delay" Modulation
  • To make things more complex use the Phase Fader to spread the modulation over the Generators (do this e.g. with the 100% On Mod Mode to make it sticky)
Let us know how it goes...

Best
accSone

freq wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:29 am Hi,

you can start by getting a feeling for the "Delay" Grain Modulation. Start with the "Reset" patch (somewhere down the patch list).
  • Move the "Offset" slider of the "Delay" Grain Modulation to e.g. 500ms
  • After that play around with the "Mod" fader of the "Delay" Modulation
  • To make things more complex use the Phase Fader to spread the modulation over the Generators (do this e.g. with the 100% On Mod Mode to make it sticky)
Let us know how it goes...

Best
accSone
thanks, will do

PERFECT!!!!!!!!! thanks so much

Return to “accSone”