Our first VSTi, Zamp!! (updated V1.0)

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We just released Zamp. It is our first VSTi, a freeware simple sample player, it can load and play 3 wav files simultaneously. It was exclusively designed for Les Productions Zvon by Psychic Modulation and is based on their Cortex drum sampler. Zamp is best suited for drums/percussion and one-shot samples. This is the Version 1.0, please read the release notes.

Main Features:
- 2 versions included (2 DLLs), one with a single stereo out and one with three stereo outs
- Can load and play up to 3 samples simultaneously.
- 1 amplitude envelope and 1 pitch envelope
- Each sample has its own tuning, start and end points, loop, reverse, volume and panning controls.
- Each wav has its own velocity sensitivity control
- Mixing Grid for the samples
- Small sample content added

We will post tutorials for it here, on our forum.

Download it HERE

And don't forget to tell us what you think!!
Last edited by zvon on Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Waiting for your comments about Zamp.

a handy implementation of the 'Cortex' engine.
I could see using this when I just have a small sampling job to do (kind of like Jack's MicroSynths) and want a small CPU hit.

As for the plug-in here are my 1st suggestions:
1)GUI-wise I'd put a name under the 'Amp' & 'Pitch' envelopes just to be self-explanatory.
2)In eXT I see 6 MIDI outs (a remnant of the Cortex engine perhaps?), I reckon it's only supposed to be 3.

It'll be a nice little addition to my eXT arsenal!

Thnx for putting it out... Scott

You're right on both counts and Jack will take care of both. Also the random button (rndm) is really the reverse button, this will be fixed too.

Hey zvon, tres bien! :) Big week!

As you know I just got the Psychic Modulation pack the other day and I'm happy to see you've used that engine. I've just played a little bit and and it's very nice. Thanks for the tutorial. Only things I noticed were the outs in eXT as sdv said. And I was trying like crazy to see what the button (random) said - it clearly was reversing (cool!) but I couldn't see what the button said or how in the heck it said reverse!

Anyway, welcome to VST land.
Regards, Mike

zvon wrote: Also the random button (rndm) is really the reverse button,
Ah... so that's what it means. I didn't try it but thought "Random... hmmmm... how's that gonna work?".
now I know. ;)

Oh my god Zvon, you're such a slut...you slipping yourself into wusikstation, DR-008, DK+, Soundfonts, and now this! :hihi: Excellent. ...I'll try it out immediately!!! :D

peace! 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

sdv wrote: Ah... so that's what it means. I didn't try it but thought "Random... hmmmm... how's that gonna work?".
now I know. ;)
There may be a real random button, but I'm not telling how it will work, yet!

TotcProductions wrote:Oh my god Zvon, you're such a slut...you slipping yourself into wusikstation, DR-008, DK+, Soundfonts, and now this! :hihi: Excellent. ...I'll try it out immediately!!! :D

peace! 8)
At least you could have said tramp, it rhymes with Zamp!

zvon wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Oh my god Zvon, you're such a slut...you slipping yourself into wusikstation, DR-008, DK+, Soundfonts, and now this! :hihi: Excellent. ...I'll try it out immediately!!! :D

peace! 8)
At least you could have said tramp, it rhymes with Zamp!
hehehehe, this is very true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

zvon wrote:There may be a real random button, but I'm not telling how it will work, yet!
here's whatup... make a random feature which will sweep thru the samples at various locations for various times, basically selecting and playing a random `slice`... to make glitch sounds and beats... like a circuit-bent sampler.

Jack could create a probability algorithm which controls (1) which sample is triggered, (2) the start point of the trigger, and (3) the end point.

Load up some Speak n Spell samples (I've got some and xoxos has some over at his site) and bam... Zamp... the circuit-bent glitch sampler!!

bring it!!!

this is very interesting.

Zamp 1.0 officially released!!

I have updated the screenshot and the link in the first post.

What's new:
-GUI fixes
-added an amp velocity control for each wav
-octave now defaults to 0
-root note is now C1 (MIDI note 36)
-includes seperate version with multiple outs
-tune controls now display readout
-controls now labeled properly
-small sample content added

Thank you

We received some good comments so far from many users and I must say that myself I enjoy it quite a bit.

If you encounter any bugs or have questions or other comments, please post them on our own forum here. You may start new threads if needed or if you feel like it.

Thanks

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”