27 channels, multiple inputs, 2 levels. Possible?

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, and first of all thank you for these amazing plugs.

I am currently working on a project where I am using 20 speakers in a grid on one level and a 7 speaker surroundsystem elevated above these. I was hoping there was a plug which would allow me to run the entire panning system from one unit. So far the closest I have come is the SpatArrange1824 this has the required features but is a bit short on channels(24) or the Spat3D26 which is one channel short and only has one input.

Is there a plug that can do 27 outputs, each channel with elevation control, and multiple inputs?

Thank you for any tips!

All the best
Thor

Hmm, very interesting project !

I think that something like the SpatMass H832 (French page at bottom : http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules2.htm) could be adapted to your needs.
Actually there is two 16 speakers levels, but it would not be too hard to add 4 at bottom.
But there will be only 8 inputs...

I plan to rework the SpatArrange to improve CPU, but I can't say when it will be done.

Yep where pretty exited about it:-) I'll be shure to post a little update here on the forum as to how its going. Its a music theatre production for performance in april next year.

Anyhow, I will look into the plug you mention, I am implementing the piece with max/msp so there are some alternatives(diy:-)), but my experience with your plugs in the past are very positive so if they are available then why not?

8 inputs will be sufficient. I did also consider using several instances of Spat3D26 for three or so sources. Or splitting the pan system across two SpatArrange1824, allthough it does not seem to be possible to automate the pan points in this plug?

Thank you
All the best
Thor

Hmm the download link for SpatMass H832, seems to be broken, it takes me to a file not found page. This is the link I get:
http://acousmodules.free.fr/fichiers/ma ... ssH832.rar

Thank you
Thor

Return to “AcousModules”