WaveFieldSynthesis interests?

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had sent an email earlier to the organizer of AcousModules, since he has obvious interest in this topic. I'm in process of building a first home based WFS system with 32 channels.

If anyone has an interest in helping ':help:' with it, discussing it, or theorizing about it, please feel free to send me an email. The intention of the creation of this system is that any success with this effort will be shared with others - you can have one too if you would like to get involved.

The goal is to be much more than 32 channels alone - the goal is to be able to specify a sound's location in 3 space in re-duplicate any acoustic environment, including the spatial elements of the sound. 8)

Ever hear of a 'stereo sweet spot' that filled the entire room? ':shock:'

The components are already assembled, and the final touches of software are being applied. Currently, it is planned for use with a Linux system using Jack and Ardour as the basis (although it could really be any o/s and sound software that can play 32 channels at once). What is needed is some software that will control the number of samples of delay of the virtual source into each channel separately (according to the location of the virtual sound source).

-Mike Mazarick

Return to “AcousModules”